Look but do not touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look but do not touch

While on the Pioneer INASLOT website debating between the newest RTR Legend releases or the white kits, I checked out their Collector's tab and found this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8a34fa_84fa2c678f874dd090a7ceec69657d00~mv2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	54624

Careful now. The price in USD is $192.21 before currency conversion fees and shipping.

I love it but no, I have to show restraint. I can get both new RTR Legends plus 2 white kits from a domestic dealer for around the same total price. So it's look but don't touch for me.

Wow, That is cool looking.
    Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Isn't that a dealer version ?

Comment

• slothead
        slothead commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe. I've never seen it before. But it seems if anyone has $192.21 they can buy it. It has a sibling #9 in white and orange for the same price.

So the Dealer got it for free (essentially) - by selling more than X units, and turns around and gouges its customers with this...?
      Do I have that correct? Correct me if I'm wrong please!

Comment

slothead, I just looked at all the Legends car tires and none of them have Fire Hawk on them. mine say Good Year or BF Goodrich.

Comment

• slothead
          slothead commented
          Editing a comment
          Special equipment for their collectables I guess. Now I understand why the HRW Legend livery and Dodge version are behind schedule - Pioneer seems to always have a lot of projects in the pipeline.

dingleberry , that was how I looked at it , but if the dealers are going to get them let them have it

Comment

Here's the sibling 'look but don't touch' car for me. Maybe if I win the lottery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8a34fa_4d58500c63dd4a23b554fea9f9db3fdd~mv2.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	54639

Comment

I like the Orange and White better. That was the color of my Lobster buoys, and 2 of my boats.

Comment

• slothead
              slothead commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe it comes with melted butter.

Those numbers look like the stick on numbers that come with the White cars.

Comment

• slothead
              slothead commented
              Editing a comment
              Pioneer has been consistent with their number font on the Legends. Only the other Gulf liveries with roundels used more traditional style numbers. I like block style numbers and Pioneer's are very colorful.

Why is there BFG logo on the Visor and Firehawk tires , looks like someone missed something.

Comment

• BIG E
              BIG E commented
              Editing a comment
              You noticed that, too...

Maybe BFG is doing a sponsor thing with Pioneer

Comment

WOW...those are purty!! Absolute out of price range...BUT...I'm sure someone here on the site can/will duplicate the cars for FAR LESS!!
              TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!

Comment

Nice cars, Never paying that kind of money. Happy with my white kit.
                Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

Comment

I am waiting for the Dodge white kit to come out , so I can have one of each of them

Comment

These are great looking cars aimed at collectors and I have no problem with the price - it's just that the next $200 I spend on Pioneer Legend cars will get me 4 rather than Just 1. I need some to paint or repaint for the proxy. Of course either of these cars could do but a collector car in a proxy seems a bit daffy.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1