Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Policar Wheel Inserts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Policar Wheel Inserts

    Has anyone had any success removing the inserts from Policar plastic wheels? I ended up damaging one of the irreplaceable chrome inserts on my Lotus 72 a while back and I want to put aluminum wheels on my Ferrari 312B2 but they don't seem to want to come out either. I haven't tried too hard as I'm pretty sure they are not available at this time. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

    Regards
    Rico

  • #2
    nope broke one also.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep, had a bash at taking them out too and stopped before any harm was done. Seems things are a bit awrong the round way when you can get alloy hubs and racing F22's but no inserts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Only way I found was to split the plastic wheel with a Dremel cutting disk. A bit of a severe method but I wasn’t planning on using the plastic wheels again.

        Comment


        • #5
          On the Lotus, I got one stock out and broke the other - Policar sells replacement inserts, I have a set but they're not painted. I would assume Ferrari replacements are not far away.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Reek455 View Post
            Has anyone had any success removing the inserts from Policar plastic wheels? I ended up damaging one of the irreplaceable chrome inserts on my Lotus 72 a while back and I want to put aluminum wheels on my Ferrari 312B2 but they don't seem to want to come out either. I haven't tried too hard as I'm pretty sure they are not available at this time. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

            Regards
            Rico
            Hi Rico, Pendle (and I am sure others) sell Policar inserts for the Lotus, and also the new Ferrari 312B2 (I just received some).

            You can "paint" the Lotus inserts with a Molotow "Chrome" pen.......I have done a few and they look better/more realistic than the originals.

            Cheers
            Chris Walker

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chrisguyw View Post

              Hi Rico, Pendle (and I am sure others) sell Policar inserts for the Lotus, and also the new Ferrari 312B2 (I just received some).

              You can "paint" the Lotus inserts with a Molotow "Chrome" pen.......I have done a few and they look better/more realistic than the originals.
              That's great news, very frustrating having to turn down or cut up every plastic wheel just to get centers to properly match our tiny cars! I've spent too much time looking for some replacement inserts couple times and came up empty handed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SlotCat View Post

                I've spent too much time looking for some replacement inserts couple times and came up empty handed.
                Next time you are looking for inserts,...ask here,.........lots of folks making some really neat inserts....lots of types.lots of sizes !!

                Cheers
                Chris Walker

                Comment

                Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1