Scalextric Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric Boxes

I just got a new Scaly Monte Carlo for my grand son. The car looks great and runs smooth and well. But it came in a cheap cardboard box instead of the nice fold up plastic cases that my other older ones did. Now this is my first scaly in a year. Last year I bought the Ford GT and Merc GT3 and they had nice cases. Is this the new boxes now card board. If so they suck.

it's usually only the Scalextric super resistant slot cars that come in the cardboard box.
    BRS Hobbies - Online shopping for slot cars in all scales, RC crawlers & more!

Comment

I actually like the direction that Scalextric has taken by eliminating the single-use plastic boxes. I know it was probably more of an economic decision but it benefits the environment.

Peter
      PetesLightKits

Comment

If all their cars now come in cheap card board boxes it will be my last Scalextric car. Hopefully BRS is right' Its only done on the super resistant cars . Whats the enviroment have to do it. I never seen a slot car case stuck in a Whales blow hole.

Comment

Your kidding right? You won’t buy a car because of a box? To each his own I guess.

Comment

Well I like having a display case. Carrera has the nicest cases. i keep most of my cars in them on shelves to keep the dust off. This is how it starts first the case then it will be floor mats ect.

Comment

Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

• Billy boy
                Billy boy commented
                Editing a comment
                dude-that is hysterical. was thinking of the square peg in a round hole myself

• KK Racing
                KK Racing commented
                Editing a comment
                That made my day, thanks! LOL

LOL, priceless

PetesLightKits

Comment

Dang shark nose Camaros!
                -Harry

Comment

The nascar in the cardbox should have been less expensive also, like 29.99. It is a way to make the cars cost less.
                  If you feel that you need a case, lot of us have the plastic cases that many of us throw away. That is a waste.
                  If you need a plastic case, just post WTB a case in for sale forum. I'm sure someone would send it to you.
                  Last edited by lance; November 7, 2019, 09:09 PM.
                  Lance Sofa racer

Comment

I have long since thrown away most of the plastic cases my Scaley and Carrera slot cars came in. But I do have a few of them laying around, so anyone who wants to pay the cost of shipping one contact me by PM and I will try to accommodate you. As I have stated before I would rather see the less expensive cars in a cardboard box if it is reflected in a lower price. I do keep my "Racer" Ferraris in their plastic cases, but they cost over $100 and don't get driven much. Everything else I buy gets driven, some more than others.

Comment

Classic War Eagle. I have many cases also. I just do not like the card board box' and the car I guess was cheaper' I got it from LEB on ebay for like $38 free shipping that means the car cost I assume $29. So that cool.

Comment

I've never like the Scalextric hinged top box, I preferred the traditional black tray and separate crystal case top.
                        DAVE - MI, USA

Comment

i agree the older black tray clear tops were nice. Over on HRW FB Dave said only the stock cars are coming in card board boxes. And to add the stock cars are really nice to.

Comment

I own exactly ONE RTR slot car....I scratch build, thus I have no cases for my cars. My bench is the same location as my cars
                            & with all the dremel dust flying....I need something to keep the cars free of all that smutz
                            If somebody PM's me......I'll buy & pay to ship however many cases you would like to sell..............tks: Brew
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	5436

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1