Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I replace spring on Carrera guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I replace spring on Carrera guide?

Having a Devil of a time re-attaching this spring to the guide of a Carrera 1/32 slot car. How did you do it?

Squeeze to compress. The right end will go on the left side of the stop and the left side on the right of the stop. It will take a time or 2 remain patient.

Comment

Personally I never have left them in. Seems like they always made my Carrera cars deslot.
      Ken
      Evansville, IN

Comment

I asked this when the Carrera Hot Rods came out. I never got an answer.
        After an hour or two I got it back in, just don't ask me how I did it. It was a beast.
        Good luck

Comment

I pulled the spring out of one of my 1/32 917K's as I thought it was making the car deslot. I couldn't tell any difference with it out so I put it back in. I did more tuning after that and never felt the need to try removing it again. From memory after a few different approaches, I pulled the top part of the assembly out, re-assembled it all and pushed it all back in from the top as one assembly, though my memory is a bit blurry. I do remember having a few goes at it before I got both ends of the spring around the little post or lump of plastic that they seat against.

Comment

Originally posted by FootScoot View Post
            Personally I never have left them in. Seems like they always made my Carrera cars deslot.
            I've always removed them as part of tuning, don't run them in any of my cars.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1