Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slothead
    commented on 's reply
    I'm certainly not interested in any inside info that shouldn't be shared, nor am I interested in anyone (or any company) being put down. Just curious about different aspects of the overall slot car market place and what trends you see.

• Dave Kennedy
    commented on 's reply
    I'd have to think about how to discuss that, but yes. I could do something along those lines.

• slothead
    replied
    Thanks Dave for an interesting and informative video.

Would you consider doing an episode (or several) that address the overall slot car scene. A few years ago the inexpensive Carrera cars ($32) were a big topic on HRW and now it's the top end cars from Slot.It, NSR, and Thunderslot that are commanding a lot of attention on HRW. When I take the time to look at the cars being submitted for proxies the Thunderslots seem to be outnumbering the brass chassis cars, though the custom built chassis generally still come out on top.

I know the general home market is different from the enthusiasts market, but it seems there are multiple niches that can be profitable. I'm curious what your thoughts are and where you see the business going over time.

Leave a comment:

• noddaz
    replied
    Great story Dave! Keep them coming!

Scott

Leave a comment:

• HomeRacingWorld
    replied
    Thanks Dave, this is great behind the scenes.

Leave a comment:

• 4424ever
    replied
    So l was on the fence about these for a long long time but after watching the video I picked one up today
    THANKS Dave. PS I don’t care about your studio just love the stories

Leave a comment:

• williamg
    replied
    Keep them coming Dave. It is interesting to hear how these cars are made. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Kennedy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I'm trying to do that but I'm a bit limited... I need to really work on this a bit more. It's been kinda grab ass with how I've decided to start doing videos, not much prep. I will work on that for the next one for sure. I thought of that (the cars have looked a bit too dark) when I was doing this video.

• bov
    replied
    When we get to "Luke, I am your father" - I'm outta here....

But till then - keep 'em coming Dave, these are really cool....

Cheers, Tony.

Leave a comment:

• GT40 Racer (DM)
    replied
    HI Dave thanks for sharing the videos. With the set up you have it looks a bit like you are on the deck of a spaceship.
    Is there anyway to improve the lighting on the car - looked like it was in a shadow.

cheers
    David

Leave a comment:

• dge467
    replied
    Yes, keep making them! very cool.

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Keep the stories coming.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Kennedy
    started a topic Carrera Trans Am-Slot Stories Episode 2

Carrera Trans Am-Slot Stories Episode 2

In this video I go in depth about the Gold Trans Am and the last "Smokey and the Bandit" black Trans Am that Carrera did. The video is my second in my slot stories series that I plan to continue making as long as there is interest in the videos.

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1