Carrera Trans Am-Slot Stories Episode 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Trans Am-Slot Stories Episode 2

In this video I go in depth about the Gold Trans Am and the last "Smokey and the Bandit" black Trans Am that Carrera did. The video is my second in my slot stories series that I plan to continue making as long as there is interest in the videos.

Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Keep the stories coming.

Comment

Yes, keep making them! very cool.

Comment

HI Dave thanks for sharing the videos. With the set up you have it looks a bit like you are on the deck of a spaceship.
        Is there anyway to improve the lighting on the car - looked like it was in a shadow.

cheers
        David
        Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
          Dave Kennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I'm trying to do that but I'm a bit limited... I need to really work on this a bit more. It's been kinda grab ass with how I've decided to start doing videos, not much prep. I will work on that for the next one for sure. I thought of that (the cars have looked a bit too dark) when I was doing this video.

When we get to "Luke, I am your father" - I'm outta here....

But till then - keep 'em coming Dave, these are really cool....

Cheers, Tony.
        All the way from Sydney, Australia.......

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Keep them coming Dave. It is interesting to hear how these cars are made. Thank you.

Comment

So l was on the fence about these for a long long time but after watching the video I picked one up today
            THANKS Dave. PS I don’t care about your studio just love the stories

Comment

Thanks Dave, this is great behind the scenes.
              -Harry

Comment

Great story Dave! Keep them coming!

Scott
                Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Thanks Dave for an interesting and informative video.

Would you consider doing an episode (or several) that address the overall slot car scene. A few years ago the inexpensive Carrera cars ($32) were a big topic on HRW and now it's the top end cars from Slot.It, NSR, and Thunderslot that are commanding a lot of attention on HRW. When I take the time to look at the cars being submitted for proxies the Thunderslots seem to be outnumbering the brass chassis cars, though the custom built chassis generally still come out on top.

I know the general home market is different from the enthusiasts market, but it seems there are multiple niches that can be profitable. I'm curious what your thoughts are and where you see the business going over time.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
                    Dave Kennedy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd have to think about how to discuss that, but yes. I could do something along those lines.

• slothead
                    slothead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm certainly not interested in any inside info that shouldn't be shared, nor am I interested in anyone (or any company) being put down. Just curious about different aspects of the overall slot car market place and what trends you see.
                Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1