No announcement yet.

Scale Car Garage - Scale Car treasure 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read (on a different board) that it basically has a vibrating relay inside. The discussion was along the lines of the short throw.....all of the range was about 1/4" of travel so you needed tightly calibrated fingers or thumb! Much faster response for drag racing.
    and interesting design, for sure.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
      Mickey thumbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Couldn’t afford a fancy controller like this for drag racing. Used a doorbell button wrapped up with electrical tape.

Thanks REL13. Talk about déjà vu all over again! I used all of those controllers back in the day except for the red Aurora one, I have never seen one of those.
    It sounds like the Revell controller used the mechanical equivalent of PWM.

Comment

No wonder I can't find any Porsche 356 model kits! Great video!
      Interesting Revell control. Someone needs to take one apart. For science!
      And there is a reason that the Aurora controller was called the "thumb killer"!

Scott
      Last edited by noddaz; June 29, 2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all of the information, wow! I didn't realize that the Revell Controller was $10.00 in 1965! That's quite expensive! It's roughly the equivalent of over $80.00 today!

The Revell Controller does have an incredibly short 'throw'. It is really sensitive but easy to get used to.

Scott, yes there are some Porsche 365 projects on the way! I really appreciate you taking the time to really watch the intro!

I think I'm going to be on the look out for an inoperable Revell Controller just to take one apart, I'm still hesitant to open the ones I have as they all work!

Thanks so much to everyone for the great posts and wonderful information you have provided!

I really appreciate all of the interest and support!
        😀
        John

Comment

And glad to see you on this board, John.
          Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim!

It's great to see you here as well!

Thanks
            😀
            John

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1