No announcement yet.

What do you guys do with your magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do with your magnets?

More specifically, slot.it magnets, since you run on wood tracks and don't need them.

Right now, I'm using a bunch tied together with string as a magnetic screw finder while removing drywall. Renovating the shop into a game room/Airbnb 2nd bedroom. It will give me year-round use of my routed track. Otherwise, will use the magnets to hold down plastic chassis while I straighten them in boiling water.

Comment

Refrigerators! LOL
      or my Tool Rollers and Garage Cabinets.
      also saved for occasional visits to magnet racing.

Comment

I move mine to the front-most pod position because most of the newer Slot.it cars require some weight up front to keep the guide in the slot.

Peter
        PetesLightKits

Comment

All good uses, I was looking for the donate to Rick's race team to race in magnet classes!

Comment

fridge magnets.my wife loves them.especially the round fly ones. also to straighten chassis.

Comment

Build an ever increasing tower stuck to a spare bench vice

Comment

Hold my dremel bits in a nice neat row along my bench......
                Come Race at The Trace!
                Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Any car I build has no magnet but ready to run cars usually keep them as tuning weight

Comment

Have a giant meteor of magnets. Will use for bartering when the Borg makes their landing on Earth.
                    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

I kept them for years and years, then occasionally, someone on HRW wanted them, and I sent them a boxful. I still have a bunch, and I have been using them to hold the tiny bits for my jeweler's lathe. They are less than an inch long and very slender, like a dentist's drill bit burr. I sometimes have to go through the big stack to get the peeling ones out. Those things will slice your finger off before you feel it.

Comment

Nothing, they are there for the stability of the chassis. It don't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by waaytoomuchintothis View Post
                          ... I sometimes have to go through the big stack to get the peeling ones out. Those things will slice your finger off before you feel it.
                          Yes the chrome is sharp!

Comment

I throw them away at the first opportunity.

Comment

Shop magnets, stick em to my file cabinet, desk/bench light and use to hold tiny parts/screws while working,

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1