Pair of OZ Falcons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of OZ Falcons

I really like these cars. I have read many pages about them, but I just like how they run when we give them a good tune.

Scalextric #C4028 and #C3741

Click image for larger version

Name:	scfalcons3.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	3473

Name:	scfalcons4.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	3474

Name:	scfalcons2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	3475

Name:	scfalcons1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	3476

Can't wait to get the time to tune and test
    -Harry

Hi harry I've had the moffat falcon for a while now I sanded the tires and moved the back wheels out to just miss the inner gaurd (fender) and it ruñs great.
    John.

Comment

Been meaning to address some about these Falcons. To my eye (thru coke bottles) that red #9 looks more like a Chevy Nova than any Ford I've ever seen.
      Buster

Comment

Scalextric did a great job capturing the look of those Australian built 1969 / 70 / 71 Falcons. They got the wheelbase pretty much spot on but curiously made them about 5mm too narrow so they kinda look long and skinny. Patto does a vac. formed which is more in proportion. Having said all that it hasn't stopped me buying them, I must have repainted about a dozen from the 1969 and 70 Bathurst race with Patto's decals.

Comment

I would like to see some of these repaints if you get the chance sir. Sounds very interesting.
          -Harry

Comment

The 1:1 XY GT is a real Aussie icon, they demand rediculous money now. Even replicas (built from other XY models) are getting good money.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1