Question about Slot.it Zero Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Slot.it Zero Grips

Can they be sanded to reduce the diameter or would this increase traction and defeat the purpose? Thanks for the help. Glen

Well they have to be trued like any other tyre, and the tyre is a single compound, it isn't like some kind of coating
    So no reason why you can't.
    But bear in mind that it isn't JUST the compound that makes for low friction, it is the smoothness of the surface, so be sure you can get it to a polished state at the end.
    But if you are worried about the O.D. being too big - why not just use a lower profile version ?

Comment

Long story short, that's what on the car and they're too tall. Also, I don't have the original front tires or I'd just sand and coat those. Thanks, Leg!

Comment

WOW. I always thought zero grips were about as low as you could go. what car are they going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy boy View Post
          WOW. I always thought zero grips were about as low as you could go. what car are they going on?
          Ha! Zero grips come in couple of different sizes. I agree the the smaller ones feel like rubber bands but the larger ones are a lot thicker. This is a Policar Ferrari F40 that's been nothing but trouble. When I put Paul Gage tires on the back they rubbed pretty badly. After I sorted that out, the motor started sparking and blew a brand new digital chip. Now, the zero grips in front are actually larger than the rears, which looks weird, so I thought maybe I would just sand them down. 🤷‍♂️

Why does it seem some cars are just hard to tune? I'm getting kinda tired of playing with it, but when it runs it's pretty fast and fun to drive on my little digital track. Have fun, BB!

Comment

The early liveries of the F40 lacked space for the front tyres under the arch and used to rub. From memory, I was able to dremel away a bit of material, or use a soldering iron to melt and reform the base for the light fitting... something.
            But check yours anyway for free-spinning fronts - especially under cornering if you have body rock.

Or, you could make the inside of each front tyre a smaller diameter, and just have it a bigger diameter for the outside 3 or 4mm of the tyre width so it contacts the track.

Comment

Originally posted by LegOutOfBed View Post
              The early liveries of the F40 lacked space for the front tyres under the arch and used to rub.
              Yep! Got exactly that, especially with body rock. Thanks for the heads up! Glen

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1