Lockdown projects E types and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown projects E types and more

It is not too hard to find ways to kill time now that I am constrained at home.(but it is worth it:we have, so far,only 9 losses /million)

This one was lying in a drawer for quite a few years waiting for a suitable chassis,now its almost ready missing proper rear rims and light lenses,the latter were included in the kit but cannot locate them:

lightweight,World Classics body

Just started the Lindner one,World Classics body

And Ghost ModelsLM 62

plus a restoration of an Eldon one

Last edited by alexis in greece; April 21, 2020, 05:37 PM.

You have more lightweights than Jaguar did!
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Another project completed but not well,the decals wrinkled when lacqered.I will have to strip it sometime in future.Alfa Romeo Giulietta sprint.

Comment

• Fathead59
          Fathead59 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have question on the chassis . The rod sitting in front of the motor . Is the rod used for chassis flex ? But , nice looking chassis , how does it perform ?

Alex, those are great. I hope to someday put all the Ninco, Scaley, and other E-types I have together for a photo.

I have a place in my heart for original E-types, and for that matter, all the old Jaguars. I can't stand the V-12s. I made friends with a cabal of 70+ years old guys with a huge garage complete with lifts and a machine shop, and so far, I have been greasy dirty on a pair of roadsters and a V-12 2+2. They are all things British to an extent, and one of the guys worked for MG at Coventry. They do antiques, too. There was a 36 Packard Woody and a '56 Packard Caribbean that came through, too. Its killing me to stay home when I want so much to get back in the shop.

Comment

Just off the assembly line Ferrari Dino 246GT LM 72:missing proper inserts,rear view mirror.

Making Body Posts

Fly front engine car setup,how to

Comment

In the mean time another came off the assembly line,Peugeot 307 Revell easykit.Despite the lighweight cockpit still heavy:the body weighs 30 grams.Why pink rims?Well I run out of white filament

Comment

Projects progressing
              Alfa Romeo monoposto

Rover SD1

Porsche 997 Ninco was fitted with light weight glass and cockpit (i made the moulds) and now weights a respectable 17 grams compared to the orginal 25

[[attachment=6490s

[

Ferrari 360 Ninco received the same treatment and now weights 21 gramS

Comment

Another project took off

Comment

One project completed,one approaching completion one started

Comment

• SlotCat
                    SlotCat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love the old Saab!

Progress report
                  Jaguar E type LM 62 progressing
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10428.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	38470

Ferrari 275 GTB LM 69 got a chassis and paint

Name:	CIMG8086.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	38479

Another Ferrari 360 Modena Ninco got the tratment,lightweight cockpit&glass,poded chassis

Name:	image_10430.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	38472

And another Porsche 997 Ninco

Name:	image_10431.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	38473

And the Rover SD1 finished headong straight in to the "to be redone" drawer the photo was shot from a distance to cover what i f8*&d up

Name:	image_10432.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	38474Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10433.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	38475
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by alexis in greece; May 24, 2020, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Progress report,3 to go to the lacquer shop onerescued from junkyard

The decals were a nightmare despite the fact that I protected them with liquid decal film the rear number cracked as soon as it set ,Will have to print a replacement one

Part of the same junkyard as the Alpine,Chevy 55

Alpine A210 1/24 Heller static kit part of a box full of broken static kits I bought some years ago ,this is the second one I managed to recover (the first one was a Rambler ) .I was lucky to remove all glass in (almost) one piece and repoped them vacforming them

Comment

I feel your pain on the crinkling decals ( and sometimes also paint with me).

thank you so very much for sharing. Always great to see some orphan bodies find a home. Great work. Keep it up.
                      jeff

Comment

Winter lockdown 3d prints and builds

I have been working on several projects in parallel making it impossible to finish any of them for some time.Here is the first one completed (well inserts are missing) ,3dp printed chassis and motor pod for Renault R8 SCX

Comment

Some very nicely done cars, thanks for sharing! OMG the Saab and the Ferrari 250!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1