Slot.It SW Motor pod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.It SW Motor pod question

I am working on fitting a 3d chassis to a GB/Fly Chevron body. The body is brand-new (I only have the body, I do not have the original chassis) and want to build the car without cutting/modifying the body if at all possible. In order to clear the plastic that holds the engine intake detail, it would be best to use a SW mount that drives on the can (CORRECTION - ENDBELL) side....but for the life of me I can't find one.

I am 99% sure Slot.It used to make those, but personally I mostly use the 62/65/69 versions and according to the Slot. it site there's no longer a SW pod option with can drive?? Is this correct?

Any suggestions?

Chris

PS: - I have few of these Chevrons in various stages of modification and they are great little cars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200329_092747.jpg Views:	21 Size:	4.16 MB ID:	28900

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200329_092812.jpg Views:	23 Size:	4.07 MB ID:	28899
    Last edited by F1Fan; March 29, 2020, 01:42 PM.
    "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
    "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Chris surprised that you were unaware of this pod. Slot.it CH67. I snip the wings off when I use them. Now unless I am mistaken I don't see any difference in this pod and the 62 that you are showing. Are you looking for endbell drive? With your shafts uncut I would think you could put your gear on any side you would want. You're the pro here. I'm just a novice. Click image for larger version

Name:	Slot.it CH67 Sidewinder Can Drive Pod.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	28908
    Last edited by arroldn; March 29, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see Slot.it offering endbell drive motor pods at any of the online stores I searched.

If you are looking for endbell drive. I think i have some that came with some parts chassis I purchased!

Zack

Comment

• F1Fan
      F1Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Zack, if you have one that is for sale, I would be interested. Since it needs to be mailed to Canada, do you perhaps have a model number? That way I can perhaps source one from the shops I am placing an order with for other supplies

Thank you for the comments and suggestions! - I made an error in my original post - endbell drive is what I am looking for, not can drive!) - apologies for the confusion, should teach me to not multitask!)

I am looking for a pod like the one in the red circle, does anyone know a model number or availability? I t looks like Slot.it no longer makes them, but I am also open to suggestions for pods from other manufacturers who fit a Slot.It size design.

(I do prefer driving from the CAN side for obvious reasons, but please see my original post about why I would need to turn the motor in this case)

Click image for larger version  Name:	motor config.JPG Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	28918
    Last edited by F1Fan; March 29, 2020, 01:49 PM.
    "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "

Murray Walker

Comment

there is a 3DP bell end SW pod available on Thingiverse, think it is from chappyman.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3015699

Comment

By do people insist on calling an end bell a bell end, they're not the same thing at all, one is the brush gear end of one of our motors...the other is something covered in foreskin!

Comment

Good luck finding a endbell drive SW from Slot.It. They only made them for a short while before switching to can drive.
          I think your best option is to get one from ZackM or from thingiverse Pepsi62 posted a link to.

It's like finding a can drive IL pod. Those are scarce as hen's teeth as well. They put them in the early Audi's and the Kenwood and Canon Porsches. After that, they went to end bell IL's

Just noticed in this pic that the endbell and can drive IL's backwards.... 😐

Click image for larger version  Name:	motor config.JPG Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	28918
          Last edited by dungeonracer; March 29, 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• chrisguyw
            chrisguyw commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess it depends on your parts supply !!

Chris, If Zack can't help,.......................I may have one !!

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4509.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	684.7 KB
ID:	28933

Comment

• dungeonracer
            dungeonracer commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, if I ever need one, I know who to call....lol

I have a D3D version that I can sell:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200329_143841.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	28939

And yes, I posted the version up on Thingiverse but without a printer that won't help you.......

Kind Regards
          Come Race at The Trace!
          Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Thank you ALL!

Like many of you I have more slot car parts than your average slot car store.....my problem is I suck at keeping record of my inventory. Your comments made me take another look in my "shop" and I found two, both inside HRS SW kits that have never been opened.

The one pod is a .5mm offset and have screw holes for securing the motor and is a dark grey, the other is black and is a 0 offset and no screw holes.

Mystery and problem solved, thanks again for the many kind offers!

Chris

Murray Walker

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1