Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker

This arrived in the post on Saturday so I figured it was a good reason to sign up here and show it off.
    It's looking like it should be a pretty close fit to a Carrera '57 Chevy chassis I have floating around.

ALWAYS gravitate to the unusual, so I will look forward to watching you build this one!!

Dundee Denny

Comment

That body is a real classic. I'm sure the boyz will come up with a smooth ride. Maybe a classy black or a Golden Hawk like in the right side of the attached photo from my Coyote Lakes Raceway.
      Have fun, jeff

Comment

That is a really cool body!

Comment

Yeah this is going to be good!
          -Harry

Comment

Wobble,

Where did you get your Studebaker, and would I be able to get one or more?

Thanks!

Comment

Well there's many and varied paint jobs to copy from La Carrera Panamericana

Click image for larger version  Name:	Studebaker Champion 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	2675

Comment

• WB2
                WB2 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s for sure.
                Plenty of ideas in the book La Carrera Panamericana, along with the Pink Floyd movie.

Originally posted by crossovercrazy View Post
              Wobble,

Where did you get your Studebaker, and would I be able to get one or more?

Thanks!
              The best I can offer is to pass your query on.

Comment

Thank you Wobble - I would be interested in multiple bodies for NASCAR and Carrera Panamericana. Let me know if I need to provide other contact information other than PM access to your source.

Comment

Looks like someone bought a file.....
                  https://pinshape.com/items/53263-3d-...e-slot-car-kit
                  or found something very similar....
                  He makes nice files, the Lister I bought was from the same guy.
                  Come Race at The Trace!
                  Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Surprise, surprise, I found the thread I started a while ago. Added the 1st coat of colour/color which I like but not sure what direction this is headed in yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6013.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	34017

Comment

Wobble, Here is a picture of my 1/24 Studebaker. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0859.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	34021
                      Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

In the mid-50's I recall this Studebaker body in black being used as Maine State Police cruisers. Later on it was used on many cars which ran at the Bonneville Salt Flats because it was so streamlined.

Comment

I'm also a proud owner of these files. Two bodies printed, one as-is to scale, the other NSR-ised which is 64mm wide and 10% lower (done in Cura or Prusa)

...first chassis design test printed...a few corrections and extra mods and chassis V.2 half printed...

Comment

MK1 chassis shown

Comment

• Wobble
                              Wobble commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Go you good thing

• WB2
                              WB2 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Would you explain why the printing striations are different on the bodies?
                              Does your chassis fit both bodies? If so, brilliant.
                              Finally, does the shaft in the third photo act as a torsion bar?
                              Thanks.
                          Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1