21.5 Motor Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21.5 Motor Talk

Alright guys, we got a lot of proxy racing going on nowadays that have limited motors to 21,500 advertised RPM. My club also has a few classes that run these limits as well.

Question is, What motor do you prefer? The Piranha has always been great for the money, but some of the best running 21.5's I have are just well broke in slot.it orange bell motors. Problem is they aren't as repeatable for me.

The Thunderslot motor seems to be a good choice, but pricey. NSR now has one labeled 21.5, I have liked most of their motors thus far, how does it compare?

I want to hear what you guys think!

Zack

IMO, the Piranha is the best bang for your buck. Pretty dang consistent motors. The TS motors are basically a Piranha, run about the same. NSR Shark motors, 20/21.5k are good motors, and I haven't noticed much difference between the two. Slot.it orange end-bell are 23k.
    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

• ZackM
      ZackM commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense why they are better! I didnt realize they changed at one point.

Zack

With all of these motors, there is a variance. Regardless if you spend twice as much on "name brand".

The Piranha is simply a good motor at half the price. It's the one we use for our Proxy and never had a failure or a variance range that created a clear advantage.

In other words...why pay more when you don't have to?
    -Harry

Comment

• SuperSlab
      SuperSlab commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree 100%

• Aloha
      Aloha commented
      Editing a comment
      Also agree but strongly recommend to replace the silicone wire as delivered. It has a tendency to break at the leads

Yeah, what they said. I have a lot of cars with Piranhas, I haven't had a bad one yet.

I believe that the orange bell slot it in the past was labeled 21.5K but most of them turned 23K. I don't think they ever made a new motor they just corrected the labeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch58 View Post
      Yeah, what they said. I have a lot of cars with Piranhas, I haven't had a bad one yet.

I believe that the orange bell slot it in the past was labeled 21.5K but most of them turned 23K. I don't think they ever made a new motor they just corrected the labeling.
      Mitch, correct...the SI orange end-bell motors have not changed in performance. The casing did though, the older motors had rounded corners.
      Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1