Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing an IROC with the Scaley Start cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone doing an IROC with the Scaley Start cars?

Sure there are 3 different types of cars. But you are racing the lane!

Someone needs to do this.

Scott (With out a 1/32 track)
    Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Yes, I have 4 of the Rally cars. I painted them to match my lane color. The cars stay with that lane and the drivers move.
    Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Here are my Scalextric Start IROC Rally cars, I only changed the back tires, and took out the magnets, Added a little weight. Everything else is stock. We had a lot of fun running these cars. Real close racing. the first 4 were on the same lap. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	19579

Comment

Very nice! And sounds like fun!

Scott

Comment

We here at DeBary Glen raceway have been racing the start car generic GT3 cars for a few years. The track owns the cars and I have tried very hard to tune them identically. Then they stay on their color matched lane while the drivers change lanes, Very closely matched means no one wins by very much. Some places I race have drivers who refuse to race cars that weren't built and tuned by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
            Some places I race have drivers who refuse to race cars that weren't built and tuned by themselves.
            I can understand if the cars rotate lanes, as I prefer to drive my own setups. But if the car stay on a designated lane and driver rotate lanes - it’s a great test of driver skill.

We used to refer to IROC as a “host” class within our club. It was nice to always have one class on a race day where everyone had a clear shot to win, especially for those less experienced tuners to be on even footing. We ran it as a regular class for a few years, I always used to look at those class results as who were the club’s top drivers.

Unfortunately we stopped the host class this year, as there was only 2 of us spending the money to buy, tune and repair these classes. But fond memories running 1/24 Mini’s on a 1/32 Slot.it HRS chassis, Slot.it-cized Scaley JGTC, Slot.it DTM, Fly Trucks, Slot.it LMP, Scaley Trucks, Slot.it Alfa Romeo T33/3 and Fly Porsche 917/10 to name but a few!

Founding member of Rocky Mountain Racers, a 1/32 club based in Calgary, Alberta Canada: http://www.facebook.com/rockymtnracers
            Canada’s Tourist Trophy Event Founder and Organizer: http://www.facebook.com/touristtrophycanada

Comment

When our club meets we have 2 class where you drive your own cars, and then the host supplies the IROC cars. They are set up as close as possible. We leave the cars on the same lane, so if a car is a little bit slow everyone will drive that car, and that makes it fair for everyone.

Comment

I've always liked the idea of races where it's the car, and not the driver, that gets the attention. Evenly prepared cars and rotational racing can be a lot of fun - if you're racing for fun and not the ego boost from winning. Yes, I know building and setting up a car is the best part of the hobby for many participants, and that needs to be respected, but some racing sessions just for fun have a place too.

Comment

Some places I race have drivers who refuse to race cars that weren't built and tuned by themselves.

seriously? I am in for running someone elses car anytime. My cars don't run like theirs and it is interesting to race other cars.

Scott

Comment

• Zcarfan
                    Zcarfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s sad.

i love IROCs, because then it's just down to the driver.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1