Never enough Chaparrals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never enough Chaparrals!

The latest addition to my Chaparral paddock.

The body is a pre-assembled MRRC from Alan at 132SlotCar. It turns out the the slot.it Alpha Romeo 33/3 chassis is the perfect wheelbase for the Chaparral. It needed to be narrowed to fit so a piano wire brace was expoxied in place. A slot.it BB pod and 25k NSR Shark motor. Narrow track required replacing slot.it wheels with hubless CB Designs. The interior was trimmed of unnecessary bits. At 67gm it will benefit from a little lead, but early testing is promising despite a rear track a few mm narrower than other slot.it classics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	19822659-E323-462F-8519-E991F74C3E11.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	177603

Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

Love it! Interested to see if that's too much motor for the true to scale MRRC Chappy.
    Rob

Comment

I have 3 MRRC Chaparrals, all stock except for PG tires. They actually are faster than the 2 Slot.it Alfa 33/3s I have, also stock with PG tires. I run them all on a routed 57' road course.

Comment

You will probably have to choke back on that Shark 25K motor. An NSR Shark 20 or 21.9K or a Predator 18 or 22.5K might work better with cars that don't have traction magnets.

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
          Mickey thumbs commented
          Editing a comment
          I run at 10.5 volts and for some reason I prefer the feel of driving the 23-25K motors at this voltage over the 21K at 12V. I have no idea why, I just do. I can adjust the traction control on my Difalco controller if needed, but rarely do. I even go as far as swapping out the stock 21.9K NSR for the 25K in their SW Group C cars. I’m probably crazy, but the Trackmate lady doesn’t lie about lap times and I’m happy.☺️
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1