Modifying JK Brackets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying JK Brackets ?

This subject was touched upon some time ago, and I can't remember what the exact Topic was. Somehow, I'm not finding it. Anyway, what I need to know is : Can JK motor brackets JKC86 and JKC82 (C82 is narrow 3/4" Indy/F1, which requires offset crown gear) be modified with a reamer, to work with a 1/8 Axle and it's big crown gear ?? I'm sure I've seen a 1/4" Bushing with a 1/8 axle hole, on Slot Car Corner's site. The big crown gear needed and the bigger-diameter pinion that mates, are 48 pitch. I would normally use the LVJ chassis for the projects I have in mind, but sometimes I need a narrower total-width rear end, when you factor in the ProTrack wheel/tires combination. It may all be just too much trouble, I suspect, but if it's possible to use the JK brackets with the ProTrack stuff, I'd like to have that knowledge !! I guess I'm really speaking about that narrow 3/4'" bracket, as the LVJ motor box is similar width, to C86, maybe actually a slight bit narrower. It just can be difficult finding bodies wide enough to tuck in the LVJ/ProTrack combination wheels/tires. And I have a couple of reasons for wanting to use the ProTrack wheels/tires. Thanks in advance, for any help.

Hello 6666hotrod,........No need to ream out your bracket !!,............you can buy 1/8 x 3/16 single flanged oilites that will slip right in.

You can find these at PCH Slot Parts, Professor Motor, MidAmerica, Slot Car Corner (and other good slot shops)

As far as concerns about the "offset" in the bracket , you would be wise to use an "angled" 48P pinion, made by ARP, coupled with an original 48P "Parma" or "MidAmercia" (Parma repro Crowns). The Parma/MidAmerica repro Crowns will mesh perfectly with the ARP pinion,.......this is the go to gear set-up used by all the top racers using the JK/RGEO offset motor brackets.
    You will find the 48P "ARP" pinions at PCHSlot parts, while they are a bit more expensive, they are EDM cut stainless steel, and are as good as they get .

While I am sure you already know this,.....you should align your bushings (axle installed) and secure them by either soldering or using "Red" loctite.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

PS The pinions are installed with the smaller "angled" diameter facing the rear axle.

Here is a pic. of the "ARP" angled pinion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ARP-4809A__50188.1474591901.jpg?c=2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	173013
    Last edited by chrisguyw; August 22, 2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Chris !

Comment

We have the bushings you're looking for in stock. Here is a link:

1/8" Axle Oilite for 3/16" Hole

We also have ARP Angled solder on pinions like Chris mentions above. Here is a link to the 9T version.

ARP 9T 48P Angled Solder-on Pinion

And finally, we have the complete line of Mid-America Parma Repo Crowns. Here is the link.

Mid-America Parma Repo Crowns

Last edited by Slot Car Corner; August 22, 2022, 03:22 PM.

www.slotcarcorner.com
        email: [email protected] phone: 603.753.6263

Comment

Originally posted by Slot Car Corner View Post

We also have ARP Angled solder on pinions like Chris mentions above. Here is a link to the 9T version.

ARP 9T 48P Angled Solder-on Pinion

And finally, we have the complete line of Mid-America Parma Repo Crowns. Here is the link.

Mid-America Parma Repo Crowns

Apologies guys,.........I was unaware you carried either the ARP pinions or the MidAmerica Parma repro Crowns,......I will steer folks your way in the future !!

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Comment

I appreciate you guys, for all of this : I Really Needed this information and knowledge !!

Comment

Yeah, what they said.

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1