X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlotIt Group C Nationals at Electric Dreams

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Excellent, informative video Jim! That modular crown is interesting. I hadn't seen it before. I'm amazed at how many of the new Jag XJR-10s were entered. It looks like almost half the grid! The car must be a class-killer. Good to see some Porsches, Mazdas, Toyotas, and Lancias in the mix. I would have loved to participate. Maybe next year...
      Steve
      Team SCANC
      Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
      OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

• jrrclk
        jrrclk commented
        Editing a comment
        The Jag is good because it is wider and longer. More stable on a big track. Plus we could use 13mm wide tires (because the body is wider). The other cars are using about 11.5mm wide. A smaller track and rules to limit tire/wheel width would make the playing field much more level. Some suggest that the Jag should be made to rung with the wheel skirts in place which would also limit the rear track width. On a small home track I still think the Porsches will be just as good.

Team SCANC
      Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
      OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Way to go Jim. Norcal rules (in slot cars).
        Going to Italy?

Comment

Congratulations, well done.
          Rob

Comment

Thanks for the detailed look at your Jag and it’s setup, Jim, and congratulations to the NorCal crew. Fantastic results.
            Bob G. ..... Boston, North Shore

Comment

So you were allowed to modify the wheels in this race. I do find it really strange they would have Maurizio attend the race and allow NSR wheels and tires in a "Slot it " national race.
              Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
              web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
              YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

• steeveew
                steeveew commented
                Editing a comment
                Weird, isn’t it?

Steve

• jrrclk
                jrrclk commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, rear wheels and tires were open.

Not a lot different to specifying Quick Slicks only for an NSR Nationals. IMO races of this sort should use original manufacturer parts only.
              Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
              Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

• Mikeinclover
                Mikeinclover commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally different. NSR dosen't make a silicone tire and we don't run anything else. We also require NSR wheels to be used along with their guides and just about every other part. Not to mention Quick Slicks is a sponsor of the race. Having a specific tire makes it a lot easier on the guys who don't race on our track on a regular basis.

Does the electric dreams track use magna braid

Comment

Jim Rose what brand guide did you use?

Comment

• jrrclk
                  jrrclk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NSR

Thanks for posting the video and congrats on the race win.
                Can you tell me the gearing and which modular crown and pinion you ran with the rear tyre setup?
                Thanks.

Comment

9/23 modular crown gear. Rear tires are NSR F1 ultra grip trued to 17.5 mm

Comment

• Cgyracer
                    Cgyracer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations Jim. Non Evo tires? Very low profile you trued, very thin rubber across the tread over the ribs, great traction with thin rubber over the ribs, more flexibility in the rubber. Awesome!

• G34
                    G34 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your quick reply. Interesting concept, and obviously successful!

• jrrclk
                    jrrclk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We were using EVO compound ultra grips. I don't have any non EVO.

If it anything like my experience with truering those Evo he must of been there for hours getting them that size..
                  THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
                  Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• chrisguyw
                    chrisguyw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As most of the guys started with 19 x 13 NSR F1 86/89 tires, truing to 17.5mm is really not a big issue, and don't forget the tire measurements were taken after, practice. qualifying, and the race,....they were likely originally trued to 18 (ish) mm.

Way to go Jim! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Always interesting to see different rules and regulations applied for different races.
                  Tony
                  ... Hobbit Racing...
                  ...Tampa, FL, USA...
                  Hobbit Racing on YouTube @
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UClHtBAa7HLzBnTmEG_qUf5A

https://www.facebook.com/hobbitracingpark/

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1