Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hand Controller/NSR Question ANSWERED !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hand Controller/NSR Question ANSWERED !!

Near the end of July, I posted "A Straight Answer About Which Hand Controller". 'Boy, I am at the same time, both Embarrassed, and TOTALLY THRILLED to report that I had A Lightbulb Moment, this afternoon, THAT SOLVED THAT PROBLEM (problem being that this $80-plus slot car drove like an on-off switch/all-or-nothing, and I needed to know what hand controller would control it !) I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, like I thought of today : TAKE THE MAGNET OUT, just to see what happens !!! So I'm expecting it to probably still be something of an on-off switch, and not handle at all, now. I WAS STUNNED when it ran and lapped like one of my better scratch builds, which is sayin' something, as two of my scratch builds hold my little layout's ultimate non-magnet Lap Record, which includes several badd Slot.it cars without magnets featuring silicone tires !! Those scratch builds feature Paul Gage firm urethane tires. So, I literally went from being totally frustrated with this beautifully-made NSR Formula 86/89 car, to being totally under it's spell : I Couldn't Stop Running Laps !! Within a few laps, it had tied that Lap Record back to back to back, EASILY !! These are the best Rubber tires I have ever seen, by the way. I can't understand why NSR would even put a darned traction-magnet in this sweet chassis. It runs and laps as well as my RevoSlot Ferrari 333SP, which came without a traction-magnet (well one comes in the box, if you want to install it, but why would you??). If I decide to put Paul Gage urethane tires on it, it'll be A Monster, and likely set a new Lap Record for my track! That magnet had the car, Totally Bogged Down, to the point it would only run at near full throttle ! Now it runs, all the way through the controller's range, beautifully. And I was considering changing this super-badd motor, or even spending unnecessary money on an expensive controller. As they say : All's well, that ends well.

If this is your first NSR car, then you don't know what traction is until you hit those tires with some lighter fluid. (on a bit of rag or paper towel, and applied to spinning tires.)

Did you mention in that previous thread that you were running a car with magnets still in it? I don't remember if you did, but it's quite common for a car to be like that when it has a strong motor and a strong magnet. Top it off with the relatively soft/flexible chassis and pod of most NSR cars, and it's possible the magnet was causing the pod to actually drag on the track.

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I'm sure I didn't mention the car still had traction-magnets, in previous post. And you know of what you speak : I could actually HEAR the pod dragging the track, before.

• Kevan
      Kevan commented
      Editing a comment
      I just checked the original thread, not a mention of magnets anywhere.
      Those tyres on the NSR F1 aren't even their best tyres, they're Evo Supergrips...

Originally posted by 6666hotrod View Post
    These are the best Rubber tires I have ever seen, by the way. I can't understand why NSR would even put a darned traction-magnet in this sweet chassis. If I decide to put Paul Gage urethane tires on it, it'll be A Monster, and likely set a new Lap Record for my track!
    Trued and treated NSR Supergrips (the ones that came on your car) will walk away from the PG urethanes.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      Why am I not surprised to hear what you stated about The Tires ?? ...gotta check it out !!
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1