Scalextric - Hornby Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric - Hornby Wheels

Recently bought a couple used Scalextric (Hornby) Nascar's and immediately lost a rear wheel and tire 🙁.
    Wheel came loose and went off the track onto the garage floor never to be seen again...

I did a quick look at Slot Car Corner and they do have wheels but nothing under these brand names.
    Searched ebay, short of buying a new car no luck.
    Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
    Thank you very much
    Joe.

I should havesome in my stash of wheels. How many do you want?
    Arrold Martin
    Nashville TN

Comment

• Barfly
      Barfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Arnold, very kind of you to offer. I think the axle assembly Slothead posted will work well and will allow me to start my own 'stash' of spare parts 🙂

As far as I know individual plastic wheels aren't available. The general consensus on HRW will probably be to replace the entire rear axle with aftermarket Slot.It axle & bushings and spur gear, and CB design metal wheels that use set screws to attach to the axle. You'll also need to add aftermarket tires, such as Quick Slicks silicone or Paul Gage urethane.

Alternatively, you can probably get a one piece rear axle assembly (scalextric or Pioneer) that will snap into the chassis as a direct replacement. The image below is for a Scalextric sidewinder from Electric Dreams [ W9167 Rear Axle Assembly For C2597 NASCAR #24 Chevrolet (C)]. Compare what's in your chassis to what they show on the website. Pioneer Charger rear axles will also work as a direct replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	w9167-380.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	171432

Comment

• Barfly
      Barfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the info. I'll try the assembly in your picture from Electric Dreams.

I found the axle that SlotHead shows above. Send me a ship to address in a PM.
    Arrold Martin
    Nashville TN

Comment

• Aloha
      Aloha commented
      Editing a comment
      I have more if you need as well. Dale

• Barfly
      Barfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do, thank you very much.

You did not say if your car was an inline or sidewinder. If a wheel comes off of either type you can glue it back on with Superglue, but it may no longer run true and would be likely to come off again. You can replace the entire rear axle assembly with an OEM one or replace everything with expensive aftermarket parts. The Scalextric NASCARs have been out of production for a long time, OEM parts may be difficult to find, but Professor Motor has the inline rear axle assembly. Since I race my cars I don't want to risk having a wheel fall off during a race, so all of my cars use aftermarket parts if those are allowed.

Comment

• Barfly
      Barfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir. As it turns out PM is in Michigan as I am. Nice to know.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1