Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 1/32 HAWK Model Kits: Chaparral II / Maseratti 5000 GT

FYI...Saw these on eBay.
    Starting bid is $9.95 with no bidders so far.
    Seem like "good bones" for a slot car project.

Not my listing, just another "HRW public service announcement".

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-7.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	171377 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-8.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	171378

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-5.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	171376 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-6.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	171375
    Mark

"My Resume lists all the things I never want to do again."

Dang! I just bought that Chaparral II on eBay for a pretty penny. I gifted the one I used to have to a friend many years ago.
    Team SCANC
    Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
    OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
    Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Just an FYI,....... both of the Hawk kits shown, are the early version kits.......solid 1 piece plastic wheels and tires , and no "Glass" for either car.

The later series (same body mold) did come with black vinyl tires, separate wheels, and clear windshields,.......while the wheels/tires are not an issue for "slotisizing" either car, the lack of a windshield sure makes a difference.

Cheers
      Chris Walker

Comment

• Fast Co.
        Fast Co. commented
        Editing a comment
        Both of mine must have been later issues. They each came with a clear plastic windshield, vinyl tires and separate plastic wheels. They also each included a standing driver figure. The one I just purchased is molded in an almost translucent white. It's not quite opaque. I thought the one I gifted years ago was opaque, but I may be incorrect about that. I'm going off a years-old memory. Anyway, good info to know. Thanks Chris.

We bought these off the shelf in the local slot car shop and hobby store for 99 cents or less, back in the day. Glad I kept one of each for the collection, because the asking prices today are getting a bit out of hand, to say the least. Not super detailed kits, but a great starting point for slot car bodies. Hope everyone seeking these can get them for a reasonable price. Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1