Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see Scalextric is coming out with a Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Scalextric is coming out with a Mustang.

Notchback body style for 1964 1/2 to 1966. It will be a very nice addition to Trans Am racing!

Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Yipee
    Bram,
    CHCH NZ

Comment

Originally posted by noddaz View Post
      Notchback body style for 1964 1/2 to 1966. It will be a very nice addition to Trans Am racing!
      I don't give it much chance against the TS GT350
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...πŸš“πŸš—πŸššπŸšœ

Comment

• slothead
        slothead commented
        Editing a comment
        Since there are probably 1000 Scalextric & Pioneer Trans Am cars compared to a TS (non Trans Am) Mustang, this will be much more useful.

I wish someone would do that Falcon in the background. Why would anyone run a Scaley TransAm against a TS GT350?

Comment

• noddaz
        noddaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Because a TS GT350 shouldn't be running in Trans Am. It ran in B-production SCCA races.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	170771
      Originally posted by noddaz View Post
      This chassis is iffy at best. Being eviscerated on another forum. Speculation is licensor required full interior.

Last edited by 4380r; August 9, 2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• noddaz
        noddaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh pooh! Mumble mumble Monogram, mumble mumble, silly, mumble mumble.

• terryn
        terryn commented
        Editing a comment
        Another example of the need for a 3d (pricey) chassis, why couldn't a decent chassis have been supplied in the first place

• Dave Kennedy
        Dave Kennedy commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL...screenshot from my video...

Scaley is getting a little too pricey for me for what we get. I know, I know, I still am going to complain about it. LOL
      Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

• Fast Co.
        Fast Co. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup

From Scalextric's UK Website...

Name:	c4353_1.jpg?fit=1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	170809

Name:	c4339_1.jpg?fit=1.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	170810
      Mark

"My Resume lists all the things I never want to do again."

Comment

Nice looking cars. can't wait to get some.
        Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
        Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Oh my
          Dave
          Peterborough Ont
          CANADA

Comment

Way too much money for a scaley car..
            Rusty
            Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Isn't the bottom line that we're thankful for a major manufacturer to be releasing more American Iron cars from this era? I'm guessing these new cars will race well against similar Scalextric and Pioneer cars, and we always say for the best results race sibling cars against each other. There's more to good racing and fun than what's fastest. If not, no one would watch or enjoy any other form of racing than F1.

Comment

Mention of the Thunder Slot is interesting, as it is NOT a Trans Am car, are clubs going to allow it to run in Trans Am or where it should be in GT class?

Comment

Originally posted by slothead View Post
                  Isn't the bottom line that we're thankful for a major manufacturer to be releasing more American Iron cars from this era? I'm guessing these new cars will race well against similar Scalextric and Pioneer cars, and we always say for the best results race sibling cars against each other. There's more to good racing and fun than what's fastest. If not, no one would watch or enjoy any other form of racing than F1.
                  But they really are not all that similar. Did you see how the motor is mounted? I guess with magnets everything is similar. But if you run without magnets, this chassis may be a dog. I think G Slot tried a chassis with the motor mounted that way. Do you have any G Slots in your stable?

Comment

• slothead
                    slothead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No I don't. But I have many Scalextric and Pioneer SW cars and 4 of their inline Javelins. I've gotten them all to be very compatible. In a solo proxy I hosted in the spring a Scaley Camaro was 1st, a Scaley Javelin 2nd, and a Pioneer notchback 3rd. Based on lap times they were separated by mere car lengths after many laps.

I only race replicas of Trans Am cars that ran in an actual SCCA race, which I don't think either of these new cars did, so I don't plan to buy them. But only because they aren't race replicas. If they were I probably would and figure out how to work them into the series. It's also reality that not every car in a race or series is going to have the same chance of winning, and yet teams and drivers participate to earn the best finish possible. In Trans Am if team Penske was in a race just about everyone else knew they were racing for an 'also ran' position.

I’m going to try to stay out of this
                  BUT
                  Did anyone else notice the lights
                  If it’s supposed to be a T/A
                  WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT LIGHTS
                  Yes I know T/A cars had lights but why now?
                  Dave
                  Peterborough Ont
                  CANADA

Comment

• slothead
                    slothead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh no you don't, there's no island of neutrality in this bare knuckle steel cage throw down! Lather yourself up with oil, put on your freakiest combat tights, and get in the ring. It's a tag team match and now you're it. And if you think a trivial, basically meaningless, difference of opinion about toy cars is silly, well, ... your right actually. But it's the dog days of summer and this is how it goes.

Yes please. Wonky motor mounting aside, my Rev/Mono stockers still kick tail all these years later, so I think for home racers it will be ok.

The TS, while a fun project, is not a T/A car. Being a TS as well, I'd expect it is not able to meet any rules that would put it on the track with any Scalextric or Pioneer T/A cars. Looks like a different beast altogether to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1