"Hot Rods to Hell" Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hot Rods to Hell" Corvette

1967 Movie "Hot Rods to Hell" '58 Corvette gasser with the juvenile delinquent punks and the rear deck riding "lady" . They used the car to terrorize families on the road, but they weren't ready for Dana Andrews and his injured spine.
    It has to be one of the finest films ever made, rates right up there with "Gone with the Wind" and "Citizen Kane".......in Bizarro world. I hacked up a '60 Monogram Corvette model to make it, no louvers on the hood and no rear Poncho type suspender bars on the trunk lid, pretty much the same as a '58 otherwise. I didn't do an exact copy but it looks a lot like the movie car but not as beat. The paint is Tamiya TS, sprayed and rubbed out about a month or two later with Tamiya compound, no clear, stripes are Testors acrylic enamel along with the freehand flames. Bare metal foil on the chrome, bumpers molded in so a real pain, so are the separate sides for the body. The chassis is a MRRC Sebring with MRRC wheels and the wheel inserts were made from Barracuda model wheels. The people are the Preiser type that you make from pieces-parts, clothes have to be painted on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hot_Rods_to_Hell-679421119-large.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.8 KB ID:	167617 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220719_192119 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.3 KB ID:	167618 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220719_180220 (2).jpg Views:	3 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	167625 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220719_192007 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	315.5 KB ID:	167619 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220719_181503 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	960.7 KB ID:	167620 Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.8 KB ID:	167622
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bluevista; July 19, 2022, 08:07 PM.
    Allan

Thought I'd highlight one of the best parts of your build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot rods to hell crop.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	167630

Comment

• Fast Co.
      Fast Co. commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice lines!

• Bluevista
      Bluevista commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣 It is very attractive, a magnet installed in that region holds her down to the car. It would hurt. 😁

• PetesLightKits
      PetesLightKits commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, "painted on" clothes, indeed!

Very cool build!
    Now I need to find that movie to check it out as well!

Comment

• Silberpfeil
      Silberpfeil commented
      Editing a comment
      You can watch it free on YouTube. Just type in the name.

“After traveling salesman Tom Phillips (Dana Andrews) injures his spine in a car accident, he can no longer endure the rigors of the road. He decides to move his family from Boston to a desert town in California, where he anticipates a much quieter life managing a small motel. When he arrives, however, he's shocked to find the town overrun with spoiled, marauding teenagers. Under the leadership of the cocksure Duke (Paul Bertoya), they try to run Tom out of town "just for kicks."

That's an awesome build! I love it! I've never heard of the movie. Now I'm going to have to find it.
    Team SCANC
    Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
    OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
    Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

OK,that is way past COOL!!!
      Great job!
      Rusty
      Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

I remember that movie...
        LARRY

"OLD PEOPLE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES"...We just spend the rest of our lives paying for the ones we've made when we were younger..

Comment

Always thought about doing that in HO scale with one of the old Aurora Vibe '60 Corvette bodies, or one of the Johnny Lightning repops.
          Of course, I never get around to it! Nicely done, and thanks for the photos. Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

Loved that movie! Was about 9 and it came on the tv after 10 oclock, and I got to hear GO TO HELL for the first time on TV!!!!!
            Great build BTW Beautiful!
            Marty
            T.R. Raceway
            Toms River NJ

Comment

Very nice, really love that car!

Comment

TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
                Warren, Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and likes.
                  Now I just have to find a 1/32 '61 Plymouth Belvedere spare-door for the 'Vette to terrorize. I always build two bodies, use one for a test prototype/learn from mistakes. That will be the crashed version, "Got....no.....brakes!"
                  I jokingly asked my wife if I could use her as the prototype for the girl, I thought it was a compliment??? I'm lucky she didn't crack me upside the head with a beer bottle like the movie girl did to a guy.
                  Last edited by Bluevista; July 25, 2022, 06:54 PM.
                  Allan

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1