PM Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM Controller

I really like the way this controller is performing, want to get another one but can't seem to locate!
    I have tried several on line and sleezebay sites to no avail, anybody know of shop that still sells these?
    Thanks in advance!
    Marty
    T.R.Raceway
    Toms River NJ
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220716_180451129.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	167234

That is a DS Electronic racing products controller, I could not find a US dealer that carries that model. You would probably have to try a European dealer like Slotcar-Union.
    Last edited by RichD; July 16, 2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• JCIS4ME
      JCIS4ME commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rich!

Marty
      T.R. Raceway
      Toms River NJ

Allan Smith (132slotcar.us) Carried them , but is no longer is able to get them
    I have 2 of them and love them and got a couple other racers to get them as well
    Let us know if you find a shop still selling them!!!!

Comment

• JCIS4ME
      JCIS4ME commented
      Editing a comment
      Will Do!!!

Marty
      T.R. RACEWAY
      Toms River NJ

https://www.slotcar-union.com/en/con...roller-v2.html

Comment

• JCIS4ME
      JCIS4ME commented
      Editing a comment
      No Longer in Stock! according to the site
      Marty

For what you would pay for the controller and shipping from Europe, you can buy a DiFalco 301, which is a much better controller.

Comment

Thanks
      Will check it out! Way back when I raced in the late 80's to the 90's My DiFalco spent more time in the shop than I got to use it! Sold It and used an external resistor Parma controller. Packed things up and quit. Got back to it in 2014 here in Jersey and a guy I raced with started a little business selling slot stuff, I purchased my PM from him, but havent seen him since! I hope the reliability of DiFalco is better!
      I will be checking it out!
      Thanks again for the info!
      Marty
      T.R.Raceway
      Toms River NJ

Comment

Marty, I sell quite a few Difalco controllers and I can't remember the last issue anyone had with one. They are a very durable controller.
        Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
        web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
        YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

• JCIS4ME
          JCIS4ME commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike
          Thank you ! Also have to remember that was 30 years ago that I was having problems! DiFalco was going through development and design and I may have had a bad one that slipped through the system!

Marty
          T.R. Raceway
          Toms River NJ

• Slot Car Corner
          Slot Car Corner commented
          Editing a comment
          My experience is the same as Mike's with respect to Difalco controllers - rock solid reliability. We've sold hundreds in the last 15 years and very, very few problems. If you use the controller a LOT, eventually (think "years") you may need to replace the trigger shunt but this is routine maintenance, not a problem. In the unlikely event you do have a problem, Jim Difalco is always very helpful and responsive.

The DiFalco 30 band 301 controller provides very precise control and the resistance net supports a wide range of motor rpms. Most single resistance controllers are tuned for a limited range of rpms and lose granularity outside of the range. I also have DiFalco 302 controllers which add traction control. I haven't found I needed it yet. I have had no problems with my DiFalcos. If you have seen any of my posts, I'm a lot more critical of products I buy than most.
        Last edited by Bal r 14; July 17, 2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the Responses!
          Slot Car Corner, Jim was and is a very responsible and upstanding individual He did take care of my problem way back when. In order for me to keep racing USRA I needed a controller so I bought the Parma external resistor controller, and Like I said I quit shortly after due to "being called a cheat" so instead of going to jail I quit racing got married and went on with my life building 5 home tracks from Cali to Hawaii now Here in NJ #6.
          Bal r 14 I am going to get me a DD300 and start having some friends over to race against!

As Always
          Marty
          T.R. Raceway
          Toms River NJ

Comment

Well,
            Got my dd300 yesterday, DANG what a difference from my old 30 plus years ago Defalco that I had problems with, no chance against this one! The voltage control is insane! The Braking just as well! very light in the hand easy trigger pull! My go to controller now!!!
            Thanks guys for all the help and information!
            Marty
            T.R. Raceway
            Toms River NJ

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1