Wheel Possibilities For LVJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Possibilities For LVJ

Wondering if anyone can advise on this : I would like to experiment with Wheels other than the required ProTrack "Daytona Stockers" Pro219 and N219, wheel/tire
    combination, for LVJ 1/32 chassis. Maybe mattb can advise, or anyone else with LVJ chassis knowledge and experience. So, this aluminum wheel would have to be for
    a 1/8 axle, but 1/32-sized wheel/tires ! Would use Paul Gage urethane tires, whether ribbed or no-rib. I like the foam tires fine, but you do have to treat them, with lotion
    or oil, to get them working, and then they work great. But I would like to build an LVJ-car, sporting urethane tires ! All my scratch builds, and many of my RTR's, have urethane tires, and once sanded/trued when new, they need nothing but the lint roller, occasionally. Thanks, in advance.

I do not think you will find much in the way of "ribbed" 1/32 diameter wheels with an 1/8 bore.......your best bet is to buy some small dia. 1/8 bore sponge wheels/tires, strip the sponge, and glue on some non ribbed PG urethanes.

PCH slot parts has a wide variety of small dia. 1/8 bore aluminum/sponge wheels/tires...........there are several in the .720" to .765" dia. (18 to 19mm) range that would likely work well.

You could always ream/bore some existing 3/32 wheels, but, take care, as it is easy to end up with "wobbly" wheels.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Chris

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris, I guess by "small dia. 1/8 bore aluminum wheels", you may be speaking of smallish-diameter 1/24 wheels ??, which I'm assuming could be used ??

Slot Car Corner list Paul Gage XPG and PGT Urethanes for use with the .395 Parma pencil wheels or similar type 1/24 wheel.
    They are located under a 1/32 tire search with a 0 inch rib.

I have several womps that use these tires, I recycled the wheel hubs from dried out 1/24 foam tires.

Mike

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mike

Guys, probably he can get 1/32 sized aluminum wheels and new tires from EJ's Hobbies. I haven't talked to Ed in quite a while, but I'm sure he still has sets of tires and wheels as a package. He also had wider Atlas rims with a wider tire that you could get for the rears. I don't have his number handy, but he has a website with this info on it.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt, I had the pleasure of meeting Ed on the phone a little over a year ago. We had a long, detailed conversation, about
      his history and how he came upon his unique inventory. He sent me his catalog, which I will take a look at again, shortly.
      Thank you, very much !

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      I suspect that all the Wheels that Ed will have in that size will be 5/40 threaded,...not set screw.

https://ejshobbies.com/slot+car+tires+rims.htm
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

You could get a 1/8th inch reamer from McMaster-Carr and bore out the wheels of your choice.

Comment

I think the hole that the bushings go in is a 1/4". so, you could just change the bushing to fit a 3/32 axle. SCC has them.
        Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
        Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1