NSR and Scaleauto F1 comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSR and Scaleauto F1 comparison

Has anyone compared these two?? I'm interested in getting a couple for my wood track. I have a couple of policars but I don't like the length they are and prefer the smaller or shorter wheelbase cars. From the looks of these two brands, they appear to be the shorter wheelbase?

Any suggestions or comments much appreciated.

thank you

Jim Rose did so a month or so back. He might have done a video?
    Bottom line, no advantage between either. Their respective tires too.

Comment

Both the NSR 86/89 and the Scaleauto 90/97 cars are modelled after cars considerably older than the Policar "Monoposto (2019/2021 ish), and therefore, as with the actual cars, both the NSR and Scaleauto have shorter wheelbases, and more importantly shorter guide leads than the Policar.

The NSR 86/89 cars have a wheelbase of 89.5mm, and a guide lead of 94.5mm

The Policar "monoposto" has a wheelbase of 108mm, and a guide lead of 113mm

I do not have a Scaleauto handy at the moment, but, it too will be shorter (guide lead and wheelbase) than the Policar, and if memory serves me correctly, is not too far off the NSR.

The following observations/comments are based on running the cars without magnets, on a variety of wood club tracks.............

Based on a fair bit of running with all three, both the NSR and Scaleauto will outpace the Policar fairly easily,........particularly if your track does not have very (very) wide radius corners.
      As well, both the NSR and Scaleauto do offer much more potential for motor/gear ratio choices/swaps to suit you tracks needs, and they both offer more room for weight tuning.

Between the Scaleauto and NSR performance wise ,..to be honest, not a great deal in it , if similarly tuned (and running on same brand tires).......well tuned, both the NSR and Scaleauto are very very quick !

Cheers
      Chris Walker
      Last edited by chrisguyw; May 5, 2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I had both now just the NSR. The NSR with stock tires and a 24 (might be 25) crown works great on my Carrera track. It has been chipped (MPL). Driver has to loose his legs! Stock magnet is still in place. A fun car...

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Chris you are correct about the wide radius corners while I do have two of those, I also have a couple tighter ones and was having a hard time with the Policar. Which by the way is a great car in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisguyw View Post
            Both the NSR 86/89 and the Scaleauto 90/97 cars are modelled after cars considerably older than the Policar "Monoposto (2019/2021 ish), and therefore, as with the actual cars, both the NSR and Scaleauto have shorter wheelbases, and more importantly shorter guide leads than the Policar.

The NSR 86/89 cars have a wheelbase of 89.5mm, and a guide lead of 94.5mm

The Policar "monoposto" has a wheelbase of 108mm, and a guide lead of 113mm

I do not have a Scaleauto handy at the moment, but, it too will be shorter (guide lead and wheelbase) than the Policar, and if memory serves me correctly, is not too far off the NSR.

The following observations/comments are based on running the cars without magnets, on a variety of wood club tracks.............

Based on a fair bit of running with all three, both the NSR and Scaleauto will outpace the Policar fairly easily,........particularly if your track does not have very (very) wide radius corners.
            As well, both the NSR and Scaleauto do offer much more potential for motor/gear ratio choices/swaps to suit you tracks needs, and they both offer more room for weight tuning.

Between the Scaleauto and NSR performance wise ,..to be honest, not a great deal in it , if similarly tuned (and running on same brand tires).......well tuned, both the NSR and Scaleauto are very very quick !

Cheers
            Chris Walker
            The wheelbase is about the same between the NSR and SA, but the guide lead on the SA (about 101mm) is noticeably longer that the NSR. The Policar is in another world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NSR SA.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	160662

Comment

Originally posted by yattr View Post
              I had both now just the NSR. The NSR with stock tires and a 24 (might be 25) crown works great on my Carrera track. It has been chipped (MPL). Driver has to loose his legs! Stock magnet is still in place. A fun car...
              The majority of us here remove the magnets, the true capability of a car is only realised once it relies on it's tyres, motor/gearing, chassis setup, weight distribution and driveability.
              Kevan - Isle of Man
              Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1