Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Aussie cars run in the same series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Aussie cars run in the same series?

A few questions primariiy for our Aussie friends: I've just acquired a Scalextric XB Falcon and a Holden Torana (several actually). These cars are from the same era (late '70s?) and I assumed they would race in the same class, but I was surprised at how much larger the Falcon is. Are these raced in the same class in either 1:1 or 1:32 forms? I know there are Scalextric Aussie liveries of American pony cars (Mustangs, Camaros) - would these race in the same series as the Falcons and Holdens?

Yes they ran in the same series, Australian Touring Car Championship.
    They ran in two different formats, over the years.
    The Improved Touring car series included, Mustangs, Camaro and early Falcon.
    The later series only had the Later Falcon and the V8 Torana.
    As for slot racing many clubs race the Falcons in with Mustangs, Camaro etc. We call our series Muscle car series as this is a class raced here in Australia, similar to your Historic Trans Am Series.
    The Toranas do not work well against the other cars, so do tend to become shelf queens.

Comment

• Lindy
      Lindy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Phil. I certainly have enough Falcons, Camaros, and Mustangs to put a class together, in fact, I have a pretty extensive stable of Scalextric, Pioneer and a few Carrera Trans Am cars..

The Toranas have a the very twitchy FF=050 motor in them which spoils them as an option to race against the Falcons unfortunately
    Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

• Lindy
      Lindy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that's unfortunate, but I have enough Toranas that I can probably run them in a class by themselves, maybe at lower power to tame the FF motor.

The FF motors really do make the Toranas a handful. I like them so to make them enjoyable I trim out some of the interior and simply hot glue in either a H & R 14,000 rpm motor or a standard Scalextric one.
    This transforms them so they go toe to toe with Falcons, Mustangs and Camaros.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1