Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrera Firebird Street Machine License Plate TRMCTRR ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Firebird Street Machine License Plate TRMCTRR ???

This has been driving me nuts, I just can't figure out what the the letters"TRMCTRR" mean if anything? Searched all over the interwebs and nothing. It's probably something obvious knowing me, took me a minute to figure out what "EASTBND" meant on the black Trans Am.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220331_195728.jpg Views:	2 Size:	328.0 KB ID:	156510
    Last edited by Bluevista; March 31, 2022, 07:34 PM.
    Allan

Trim Cutter?
    Mark

"My Resume lists all the things I never want to do again."

Comment

The Real Machine Can't Turn Really Reliably
      All the way from Sydney, Australia.......

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

"TARMACTERROR"

(Ah, license-plates... one day all the Carrera cars will line up and form a tale of suspense and excitement )

Comment

• 32lbking
          32lbking commented
          Editing a comment
          I love those crazy plates!! Especially the ones on the hot rods. And some like the one above are just fun to try and decipher them.

A person to ask would be Dave Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slottus View Post
          "TARMACTERROR"

(Ah, license-plates... one day all the Carrera cars will line up and form a tale of suspense and excitement )
          This!
          Unless it's just some peoples initials...

Comment

It means tractor because they ran like tractors.
            Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
            web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
            YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

Referencing a Tremec TR Transmission?

TRMC-Tremec TR-RWD Series R-racing?
              Mark

Comment

I think Mikeinclover wins with "Tractor" it makes sense with the letters, may be totally wrong but I'll go with it. I do resemble the remark about the cars driving like tractors though. My future and present wife bought a brand new '77 Firebird right out of high school, girls worked and did that back then. I drove it plenty and my my tractor runs and drives way better than that car ever did.
                One of those cars just sold for 189 bucks on evilbay, nice money for an old tractor , that one guy wanted one or they are valuable. I have some cars that should be in a safe deposit box but I don't worry about it or care much. My family will sell all of them for pennies on the dollar at a yard sale when I kick the bucket anyway. Now don't you all ask for the yard sale address at once please , I plan on being around for a little longer at least...knock on wood.
                Allan

Comment

• Dodgefarmer
                  Dodgefarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I was betting on the correct answer my money would be on Slottus. Giving odds? LOL

Randy

• slothead
                  slothead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OR, consider doing what I've done. My road course has a printed note clearly displayed that states in the event of my demise ALL OF MY SLOT CARS AND STUFF ARE TO BE GIVEN AWAY. I've paid for all of my 225+ cars so there's no reason anyone else in the hobby needs to. Yes, some family members would imagine they could at least make a few hundred or thousand dollars from them, but I want them given away to people who will appreciate them. The basic plan is for them to be boxed up and sent to Harry at HRW to disperse as he chooses. Better than being sold at a yard sale and ending up in a sand box with 4 year olds.

I'm sure I saw a video where Dave Kennedy commented about the plate on either the black or gold one and it was his old plate or he had some personal connection to it from when he worked at Carrera and came up with it.
                Loan Shark aka Matt
                I am Alive because Organ Donation Worked... TWICE
                Lake Country, BC, Canada
                Shark Pit: 38' Routed MDF

Comment

The gold Firebird is Pennsylvania plate TMD-434, just a basic plate number I guess, There are two different black Firebird plates. The first version (30480) they stopped or were made to stop making, looked too much like the Smokey and the Bandit movie Firebird ??? That has California plate "BXXXXT "- Bandit. Carrera did almost everything to make it look like the Bandit car but put the Georgia plate on it, a moustache on the driver, and have Frog riding shotgun without actually calling it the Bandit Firebird. The movie car has Georgia plate "BAN-ONE" btw.
                  The newer version black Carrera Firebird (30865-27590) version with no gold SE stripes or gold tinted wheels or pinkish-red shirted driver now has Georgia plate "Eastbnd" - Eastbound and Down. Maybe Carrera had to get in a little poke in the eye reference to the Bandit car anyway after the first one? The red Firebird plate is "FIRCHKN" - Firechicken. The silver one is "MLLTRKT"???? I asked my slot car buddy in Germany and he has no idea, he only understands German and the plates are meant to be read in English so he says I'm a schweinhundt for even asking. I translated it and I have no idea why he would want to call me a washed up female comedian and former daytime talk show host???
                  Allan

Comment

MLLTRKT

MuLLeT RocKeT ?

Comment

I know the Gold Trans Am was a Car Dave Kennedy actually owned in real life and that was modeled after that car. He would be the one to know what the plate means on the Blue one in the Photo for sure.
                      Area 51 Raceway North Carolina U.S.A

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Mulletrocket, Firechicken, Dave Kennedy's own ride - all correct!
                        On the Bandit-lookalikes - we didn't want to get too obvious and thus safe us the trouble of negotiating with anybody else than GM.

Comment

So what is the answer for "TRMCTRR"?

(...asking for a friend)
                          Mark

Comment

• 4424ever
                            4424ever commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Tarmac Terror

• Silberpfeil
                            Silberpfeil commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Whew. Order has been restored to the kingdom.
                        Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1