"Sloter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sloter"

Anyone here have a "Sloter" brand slot car? What is your opinion of them? Accurate in scale & detail? Good running? Good chassis? I am considering buying but have not heard of them.
    Scott C.
    Amherst, WI
    Just "a simple kind of man".

I've got the Ferrari and the Lola.
    After upgrading the running gear, they go pretty good (but what doesn't after upgrades?)
    The chassis does sit high compared to the Fly and Slot.It cars, but if you're allowed to glue the weight under the chassis, that actually works out good cuz there's plentyof ground clearance.
    Dickie Pearson
    Canterbury, NH

HOST - Home Operated Slot Tracks
    MSR - Main Street Racing

Comment

They are closer to Fly cars than Slot.It but they are OK for what they are. Like a Fly, don't expect performance without some tuning. But like a Fly, you can tune it for little money if desired. You can always spend more money on upgrades.
      Come Race at The Trace!
      Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
      https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

I bought a Sloter Manta...it was garbage!...bodyshell is the only saving grace and now sits on a proper 3D chassis with proper running gear.
        Kevan - Isle of Man
        Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

I bought the Lola and won't buy any more Sloters.

Comment

I have a Sloter Ferrari 312PB that I got on sale. It is a sidewinder powered by a Scalextric 18K type FC-130 motor. The wheelbase is shorter than the Slot.it version of the 312PB. The car has a lot more ground clearance than I would have liked. To keep it from tipping over in the corners I glued some corrugated cardboard to the bottom and stuck some thin sheet lead to that. With wide silicone tires the car is a decent non-magnet runner.

Comment

I have a few "Sloter" cars (the Lola and Ferrari 312PB) and as mentioned above, while not competitive with the likes of NSR/Slot-it etc. they can be made to run very well.

A few years back, our local area clubs allowed the Sloter cars to compete in our "Fly Lemans" class, and similarly tuned/modified , they were more than competitive with the Fly cars, to the extent that for the following season, the Sloter cars were banned,.....much to my dismay .

While some may say that they prefer cars with less ground clearance, (and I certainly can't argue from a handling perspective) the Sloter Ferrari 312PB is actually quite close to scale in terms of its ground clearance.

Cheers
              Chris Walker

"Sloter"...........with mods for our "Fly Lemans classic" class

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4449.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	155743

For a ground clearance comparison,.....a shot of an actual 312PB.,...........fairly darn close !!,.....if anything the "Sloter" is actually a touch lower

Click image for larger version

Name:	ferrari-312pb-was-an-unstoppable-flat-12-prototype-sportscar-video-83346_1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	155744

Comment

I have a number of Sloter Lola T280s.
                Two have Paul Gage rear tires and SlotIt fronts (the originals got hard as rocks). Two are box stock, even rear tires. Just a little TLC setting them up.
                To me, they’re on a par with the Fly Chevron.
                IMO another badly maligned car that isn’t deserving of the reputation.
                Now if you’re talking the T70, from what I’ve read they are more of a functioning diecast.

Comment

Thank you all for your views on this company's slot cars. I had never heard of them before, but am somewhat interested in having a variety of manufacturers in my collection. Not sure why?
                  Iam interested in the Ferrari 312 PB. Will have to see if it is available at a good price when a certain auction ends.
                  Scott C.
                  Amherst, WI
                  Just "a simple kind of man".

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1