Chassis recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis recommendation

New to the forum and getting back into slots after 20 years. As a model car builder I love that the 1/32 has such high detail and that the material is the same as models(both resin and plastic). I dug through my model stash and found a couple leftover snap kits from when my kids tried models, and a couple kits that came in trades over the years. What I am looking for are user friendly adjustable chassis Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_18032022_181933_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	154738kits that won't break the bank. Of the cars pictured, three are Monogram, and one each MPC and Tamiya. I am going to practice on the Corvette because I can't make it look worse what it already is.

Slot.It CH109e HRS2 Inline Chassis, 0.5mm Offset| Slot Car Corner
    Slot.It CH31e HRS2 Chassis RTR, Sidewinder 0.5mm Offset| Slot Car Corner
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

Those look great. To bad they are out of stock. 😃

Comment

Do a search for LVJ chassis. They are steel or brass , adjustable and easy to fit to any body. They don't require a lot of tuning to handle.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	lvj.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	154772
        Matt B
        So. In
        Crashers

Comment

At Slot Car Corner the complete Slot.it HRS2 inline and sidewinder chassis with the motor, gears, axles, wheels and tires are out of stock, but both versions are available as bare chassis.

Comment

It depends a bit on what you want. Professor Motor has the PCS chassis which is fine for low power kit bashing. The Slot.it chassis are better but more complex and require pods for the running gear.
            The brass mentioned by Matt will require cutting off the side pans to fit under those bodies but will help to lower the CG.

Lots of options though.
            Come Race at The Trace!
            Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
            https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

• mattb
              mattb commented
              Editing a comment
              The LVJ is available in a 1 inch wide version also.

• chappyman66
              chappyman66 commented
              Editing a comment
              A1" wide version is helpful, yes!

I was going post for the PCS chassis too. Won't run with a Slot-It but easy to kit bash with.

Name:	DSC-0068.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	154786
            Western burbs of Chicago

Comment

Thanks for the different options. Didn't even think to look for the individual parts for the slot it chassis

Comment

I have had good luck with slot.it chassis components and pods.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam I Am View Post
                  New to the forum and getting back into slots after 20 years. As a model car builder I love that the 1/32 has such high detail and that the material is the same as models(both resin and plastic). I dug through my model stash and found a couple leftover snap kits from when my kids tried models, and a couple kits that came in trades over the years. What I am looking for are user friendly adjustable chassis kits that won't break the bank. Of the cars pictured, three are Monogram, and one each MPC and Tamiya. I am going to practice on the Corvette because I can't make it look worse what it already is.
                  Slot.it HRS2 chassis may not fit under the Corvette, nor the Bentley and Lotus 30. You can make those Monogram Corvettes looks much better...

Name:	IMG_20220223_.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	154858

Using a 3D printed adjustable chassis. Lots of guys make them.

Peter
                  PetesLightKits

Comment

Now that Corvette I can live with. I also had this chassis recommended.

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/p....html?___SID=U
                    Last edited by Sam I Am; March 19, 2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• chappyman66
                      chappyman66 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the PCS I was mentioning, yes. I didn't know the LJV had a 1" wide version.

I just removed the body from the chassis of the Monogram Mustang GT-350 and found my suspicion to be correct. The Monogram model I have of a 2+2 fastback came from the same molds. Interesting to me was that the motor is mounted in the front of the car with a drive shaft going to the rear axle. I get why, it simulates the handling of the real thing, but if my faulty memory is correct, this is the first time seeing this setup in person.

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
                      Mickey thumbs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some of the older Scalextric cars used this setup.

• slothead
                      slothead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the Revell-Monogram Mustang and also a bunch of the Greenwood Corvettes. As I see it they all have the motor in front with a drive shaft to the rear axle so they can have full interiors. R-M cars are known for being great looking models and having the motors up front helps with this.

If you race these cars against each other than you're all set though I'd recommend upgrading the rear tires to silicone or urethane and lowering the voltage. If you intend to race these R-M cars against others with the more typical sidewinder or anglewinder configurations you may need to add weight to the chassis to improve traction.

Interesting information, now all I have to do is absorb it, research the different chassis, sort it all out in my head, and then make a decision....ya, like that will happen quickly.

Comment

That depends, are you going to "race" it against something? or are you just wanting to cruise around the track?

I keep both types around my place.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1