Resin Bodies, Revisited !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resin Bodies, Revisited !

I have touched on this subject before : but what I need to know is, can you hobbyists guide me to a few 1/32 Resin Body makers ? And where to get them ? I mean, budget-friendly, but decent quality, bodies. As the available hard bodies in this scale is very limited, I've tried five clear bodies that I'm currently working on, which also helps keep my scratch building, within my budget. I've avoided resins, because of all the extra work involved, to make them look good. But, honestly, I can't wait to finish these clear bodied project cars, and get back to building my usual hard bodied cars : The clear bodies give me a headache. Cutting out/trimming, masking, getting paint to stay on...... I feel like, Resins can't be any worse to deal with, than This !! So, I'd like some help, with finding them. Thanks, in advance !

It'd be helpful if you give us a hint what kind of cars you're after...and hope it's classics you're after 😀

George Turner Models is one obvious place
    Pendle sell resins
    One or two on here and other forums also supply hobbyists.

...how about fibreglass bodies? Betta & Classic do those.
    Kevan - Isle of Man
    Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Yes, I should have stated that the bodies I'm most interested in for scratch building, are bodies that have a lot of room : NASCAR (preferably early to late 60's) Stock Cars, vintage Touring Cars, vintage Trans Am Cars, vintage GT Cars !! My chassis will all be of the inline layout. (My Can Am, Le Mans prototypes, and Open Wheeler's are well represented by my RTR collection). And yes, fiberglass would be cool. The other thing I might mention, is I would MUCH prefer to not be forced to have to buy from overseas, as experience has taught me that it takes 'WAY Too Long, to get your order delivered to the USA !!

Comment

There are a couple of members on the board with bodies I’ll let them respond
        Dave
        Peterborough Ont
        CANADA

Comment

If all else fails there's 3DP 😎
          Kevan - Isle of Man
          Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Have you contacted HRW member Kitmen? He molds full body kits and sells some.

Comment

• 6666hotrod
              6666hotrod commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you !

• Kevan
              Kevan commented
              Editing a comment
              GOOD SHOUT! John makes fantastic looking bodyshells.
          Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1