Scale Car Garage - The 2G and other Chaparrals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Car Garage - The 2G and other Chaparrals

Please join me as I remove the first 'pull' out of the 2G body mold!

Any and all comments are more than welcomed!

Thanks
    😀
    John

Really enjoyed that, very informative for those with little Chappy knowledge.
    Kevan - Isle of Man
    Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Kevan, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this episode!

Thanks so much for watching, posting and subscribing!

I really appreciate all of your support!
      😀
      John

Comment

Eldon made the Chapparal 2C (it has a molded wing) as well as the Sebring version of the 2D. They aren't great, but those models do exist in 1/32.

The first 2G didn't have the fenders.....those were added when the 2H wasn't ready. That later 2G is not pretty, but kudos for a model not available in 1/32.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
        https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

Yes, Eldon did make those versions of the 2C and 2D, unfortunately I don't have either car!

You are correct, this version of the 2G represents the most 'developed' version of the car!

Thanks so much for watching, posting and subscribing!

I really appreciate your support!
          😀
          John

Comment

It should make a nice race car. Any plans yet for a chassis & engine? How about your front-motored brass chassis, if it'll fit? I still recall the first time I saw the Chaparrals at a race on tv. I think it was at Sebring, with Hap Sharp & Jim Hall driving. Compared to the other cars, the Chaparrals with their fiberglass tubs & pivoting rear flaps looked strange, but boy, did they corner well. That was in the mid-60s. There is a website to the Chaparral Museum in Midland, TX.

Comment

Bill, thanks so much!

I was thinking of building a chassis with a sidewinder configuration for this car!

The Chaparrals were very much ahead of their time in very many aspects of their composition and design!

Thanks so much for watching, posting and subscribing, I really appreciate your support!
              😀
              John

Comment

I hope you get these finished soon. Just in time for Slot.it to finally release their long promised 2G. There is an old adage in the plastic modeling world: Once you finish scratch-building building the kit you have longed for years but gave up on being issued, it shows up from a cottage industry kit at a very high price. Once you save your money ,buy and finish building that kit, a Main Stream Company releases the kit at 1/2 the price of the Cottage industry kit and in the markings you wanted. So, hurry up already.
                I get paid to build models, race slot cars, and travel to museums.

Comment

Wow!

I better get casting!!

This car is available as a kit for $40.00 USD plus shipping.

If you are interested in ordering a kit, please email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks so much!
                  😀
                  John

Comment

Great video. Alan Smith at 132slotcars still lists the MRRC body kits for the 2C and 2F for those that are interested.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	C6BC5C7E-C178-4BA3-A6AC-E52140D1C72D.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	151582
                    Last edited by Mickey thumbs; February 24, 2022, 01:59 PM.
                    Mike V.
                    Western North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1