Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    When I JB Welded my axle blocks in place I used my jig, leaving the original brackets in place with wheels, bushings and setup axle in place to get everything lined up perfectly. After the epoxy cured I clipped the original brackets from the chassis using small side-cutters.

• Firebird Dave
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! This looks like a great option on these cars, as front wheel height adjustment is not existent without these!

• Firebird Dave
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate it! It's nice to know that standard brass bushings will fit in there! Also it is good to see the mod with the axle blocks, I may have to try that at some point as well. It is always nice to have options! Thanks again!

• F1Fan
    replied
    I have made this mod to a few cars, including that exact same car, you will have a car looking as good as new and improved performance.

Slot Car Corner Axle blocks works great in these situations!

https://slotcarcorner.com/pages/adju...s-installation

Click image for larger version  Name:	SCC_Axle blocks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	150102

It's easier if you have a chassis jig, but a keen eye and measuring the distance from the rear axle to the centre of the front axle will help align the axles and keep everything square and within the centre of the wheel well. (if I remember correctly those wheel/axles are slightly oversized, so it might be easier to replace the wheels with some CB design aluminium wheels of the same size with wheel inserts. (hopefully I have not scared you off, but with some basic skills, a bit of paint and patience, you can make that car look like new)

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Rob Wessling
    replied
    Thats an excellent fix, thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• PetesLightKits
    replied
    Dave,
    If you still want to perform a fix on the car you have I would suggest replacing the stub axles with a solid axle made from either some 3/32" drill blank or piano wire. You will also need some bushings if your Porsche is anything like the SCX Mercedes GT I converted to a solid axle (EDIT - On closer examination of your picture it looks like it is the same configuration - just pop those plastic bits up and out of the brackets and replace with standard brass or bronze bushings.) I converted this car to run in our GT class at 10 volts on wood routed tracks, running stock motors and gearing ratio of 3:1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_1799.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.9 KB ID:	150095

What I eventually did was 3D print some axle blocks and remove the original parts from the SCX chassis - see below. The overall effect greatly improves handling by eliminating the sloppiness usually found in most stub axle cars, and also I was able to lower the front end using m2x6 grub screws in the axle blocks. As you can see I also changed over the guide to accept a 3D printed copy of a Slot.it screw guide.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_1818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.4 KB ID:	150096

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Firebird Dave
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much for the offer, I greatly appreciate that. If I cannot come up with another solution, I just might take you up on that!

• Firebird Dave
    commented on 's reply
    I am unable to do so, as this is an NOS car, so no others available to exchange for.

• dungeonracer
    replied
    I have a couple of those Porsche that are incomplete, but the chassis is good, as are the stub axles.
    PM me your address and I'll send them along to you.

Leave a comment:

• Aptosc6
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebird Dave View Post
    Hello everyone! I did a search, but couldn't find anything on the subject, so here goes.

I just bought an SCX Porsche with the clip in front stub axles. The problem is that the car came loose in the case during shipment, and one of the stub axles broke.

I can't seem to find spares available anywhere. Has anyone fixed one of these before? If so, what did you do? I was thinking I could get a Fly stub axle, drill a hole in the SCX piece, and put the Fly axle through to fix it. Or possibly drill through both sides and put a full axle through.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to source and request a new car?

Leave a comment:

• Firebird Dave
    started a topic broken SCX stub axle

broken SCX stub axle

Hello everyone! I did a search, but couldn't find anything on the subject, so here goes.

I just bought an SCX Porsche with the clip in front stub axles. The problem is that the car came loose in the case during shipment, and one of the stub axles broke.

I can't seem to find spares available anywhere. Has anyone fixed one of these before? If so, what did you do? I was thinking I could get a Fly stub axle, drill a hole in the SCX piece, and put the Fly axle through to fix it. Or possibly drill through both sides and put a full axle through.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1