Basic 2 Lane Lap Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic 2 Lane Lap Timer

Has anyone successfully modified the AFX Lap Timer/Counter, for 1/32nd scale ? Looking for a reliable lap timer, no computer, self-powered, for a simple 2 Lane home layout. I have the Carrera counter, but seems like after about a year and a half, it begins to go bonkers. Not to mention, it's rather expensive, for what it is. I've read that the AFX Timer/Counter is self-powered, less expensive, and can be modified for 1/32.

You might be better off using a smartphone app. Here is one for Android devices: Slot Car Trainer Lite - Apps on Google Play
    Apps for iPhones are also available.

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been back-of-my-mind wondering about that possibility : Thank you !

I have the Carrera tower, when mine started to go bonkers I replaced the batteries. Works fine again.

Comment

• 6666hotrod
      6666hotrod commented
      Editing a comment
      ...funny you mention that : I replaced the batteries yesterday, and do quite a bit. It will count one of the lanes ok for just a little while, but all the while, it's on and off, counting laps in the empty lane, too ! It'll occasionally time me at an Insanely quick lap, that NO car I own is capable of. Then it'll straighten out again for a little while.

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had the insanely fast lap a couple time, hasn’t happened again since I changed the battery’s but that may not be the cause. Most of the time it works fine, I run one car at a time doing solo testing.

You know,
    the Trackmate hardware is very easy to install and can be used with any laptop or tablet. It only uses a USB port.

Comment

I used Trackmate on my first Home Track and was very pleased with it. Sold off that track and all the hardware with it, I am pretty sure I will used Trackmate again it was very simple to hookup...even for a non-computer person like me.

Comment

If you are using Scalextric track, their ARC ONE timer that links to a smartphone is great. Very easy to use and great timing features with no bulky computers or light bars. Sometimes the vendors will have a new Unboxed one for sale at a good price that is from a track set. I just disconnect the ARC ONE controllers and use a regular sperate power base with my after market controllers for the track power and control.
        Ralph
        Toronto, Ontario
        Canada

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1