ELECTRICAL HELP - 1/32 AC2Car track with BLST switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELECTRICAL HELP - 1/32 AC2Car track with BLST switches

I have two set of switches one set for switching from a road course to an oval course and another set for lane switching. Question is: How do I use one power source 12V DC 2 amps to power the switches? The switches to change courses only need to be on for road and off for oval. The lane changers are all set and work fine. The issue is that I can't figure out how to run the wiring. When I turn of the switch the lane changers go off as well and I can't figure out the correct diagram to make this work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Right now I have a separate power source for each and it works fine. Just wonder if I could use only one??

Are these momentary switches or do they need to stay in one position or another for long periods of time? I would assume the lane changers are momentary.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Comment

The lane changers stay on and have constant power. As the car passes certain areas and breaks in the track it activates the lane changer to avoid collissions and also to keep the car running the best line. The oval road course is either on for the road course constant power or off for the oval.

Thank you

Comment

Well without knowing exactly what you have done for wiring these and how they work together I , would think your solution with the separate power supply is a good one. I use solenoids for my lane changers and they draw a lot of current when activated. I power them with their own power supply as well
        Cheers

Dan
        G.P Alberta

Comment

That's what I currently have set up. Just seeing if anyone did anything different. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

If you posted a diagram of what you have done may help people understand what you are doing.

Comment

It sounds like you have your switches in series.
              Here’s a 30 second schematic that shows single pole/single throw switches. If you used double pole switches, well…you should have said so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E82C8B7-1132-4245-A43A-43F31E9E7E21.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	147775
              Last edited by WB2; February 4, 2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Ok, I see. Sorry I'm not really that good at the electronics, so I'm not sure about the correct terminology and so forth.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• WB2
                  WB2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pictures, please.

Didn't the digital guys use magnets to hold the flipper once switching from digital to analogue for when there is no power from the digital power base, maybe something like that might work 🤔.

John.

Comment

I elected to proceed with the simplest method of having separate power supplies for each set of flippers. Makes things easier for all functions. When I turn the system on to run cars the lane changers are activated. Then I'm using an on and off switch for the oval to road course. I still have a bunch of work to get everything working and putting up barriers for the track etc.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Here are a couple of images of what I'm working on.

Name:	IMG_20220103_172117.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	148018

Name:	IMG_20220103_172105.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	148019

Comment

Working...