Track traction enhancer, maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track traction enhancer, maybe.

While putting “future” on a rock I spilled a bit on a melamine counter in my shop. No worries, just spread it around and let it dry. When dry I noticed it felt grippier than the smooth laminate. Hmm, idea. I have a corner that every car looses its grip and lets its tail out too much. So I figured I would try some future. Well, I tried it and it works. This is on Scalextric Sport track.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EC2F5226-808A-486B-9C78-688EDEA0E773.jpg Views:	2 Size:	403.1 KB ID:	145403
    Last edited by Michael Squier; January 25, 2022, 11:11 AM.

Or, you know... slow down better. ;-)

Now, that corner will have a tendency to cause cars to roll before they slide. Might as well put the stuff on the whole track so that it's at least consistent.

What kind of tires do you normally use? mag or no mag?

Comment

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      No mag, mostly PG tires and some factory rubber. Slow down, been doing that. It was really just a test on a problem corner, and for me on my track it works. In the full sized world a bad section of track gets repaired without repaving the whole track.

Thinking 'outside the box' is a good thing. That's why we can play with toy cars instead of living in caves and throwing spears at wild animals.
    Bram,
    CHCH NZ

Comment

• Kevan
      Kevan commented
      Editing a comment
      ...we're still throwing them at each other though...at least it's a step in the right direction

Originally posted by Wobble View Post
    Thinking 'outside the box' is a good thing. That's why we can play with toy cars instead of living in caves and throwing spears at wild animals.
    Why can’t we do both?

Comment

I thought you were going to do the obvious and try it on the tyres.
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

• Michael Squier
        Michael Squier commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, I’ve seen on some older videos Harry has used it on the fronts to make them slicker. So I’m pretty sure that would have the opposite effect. Although, if I wanted to make my track into an ice racing event that might be the way to go.

• Kevan
        Kevan commented
        Editing a comment
        Now there's an idea
    Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1