ScaleAuto AS 25 tires experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScaleAuto AS 25 tires experience

Anybody have experience using the ScaleAuto AS25 tires? Do you treat them the same as NSR SuperGrips?

I picked up several sets in a variety of sizes, but I've not had the opportunity to glue and true any of them yet. However just doing a back-to-back comparison of slipped on 20 x 13's with two different NSR's and the ScaleAuto AS25. Visually the AS25 is an exceptionally smooth well made tire. There was absolutely no comparison there. If anyone were able to true a tire to this level of smoothness, it would be amazing on track. The biggest visual thing I've noticed is that the sidewalls definitely need to be more rounded, as they are a bit too squared off.

Traction wise there was also no comparison. On my twisty 38' wood routed MDF track the AS25 was significantly grippier, as I mentioned as slip-ons with no gluing or truing on Allslot 15x13 air wheels. I look forward to getting a set glued, trued and tested. Maybe even mounted on a TA U2.5 Proxy car.

The think the proxy tire landscape is no longer going to be dominated by one brand of tire. This is exciting news for our hobby. Plus availability in the future should be very good with these tires as one US retailer I spoke to will be bringing them in.

HURRAY FOR DIVERSITY!

PS: My plan is to glue and true them exactly the same way I have with my NSR Ultragrips & Supergrips.
    Loan Shark
    HRW Forum Veteran
    Last edited by Loan Shark; January 12, 2022, 12:07 PM.
    Loan Shark aka Matt
    I am Alive because Organ Donation Worked... TWICE
    Lake Country, BC, Canada
    Shark Pit: 38' Routed MDF

Comment

My biggest question is we're are you sourcing them from?????
      THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
      Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

They came in from Spain.

https://evotecshop.com/en/search?ord..._search=Search
        Loan Shark aka Matt
        Lake Country, BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by docdoom View Post
          My biggest question is we're are you sourcing them from?????
          Pendleslot...got them in less than 10 days to California

Comment

Yes, I have experience. Glued, trued, and treated the same as NSR Supergrips. I might add they don’t true as well as Supergrips. Darn things get hot and very sticky very easily. I don’t have enough testing to provide a fair comment yet on their performance but my gut tells me out of the bag they are not as good as the old NSR formula. I do think after treatment they come in but I don’t have enough real world testing and racing to provide valuable feedback. I do think they are better than the new NSR formula. Time and some good proxy racing will be the true test of these tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Shark View Post
              I picked up several sets in a variety of sizes, but I've not had the opportunity to glue and true any of them yet. However just doing a back-to-back comparison of slipped on 20 x 13's with two different NSR's and the ScaleAuto AS25. Visually the AS25 is an exceptionally smooth well made tire. There was absolutely no comparison there. If anyone were able to true a tire to this level of smoothness, it would be amazing on track. The biggest visual thing I've noticed is that the sidewalls definitely need to be more rounded, as they are a bit too squared off.

Traction wise there was also no comparison. On my twisty 38' wood routed MDF track the AS25 was significantly grippier, as I mentioned as slip-ons with no gluing or truing on Allslot 15x13 air wheels. I look forward to getting a set glued, trued and tested. Maybe even mounted on a TA U2.5 Proxy car.

The think the proxy tire landscape is no longer going to be dominated by one brand of tire. This is exciting news for our hobby. Plus availability in the future should be very good with these tires as one US retailer I spoke to will be bringing them in.

HURRAY FOR DIVERSITY!

PS: My plan is to glue and true them exactly the same way I have with my NSR Ultragrips & Supergrips.
              Thanks, got mine trued and glued. Trying them this weekend. Out of the package they look like silicones. Smooth and true.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeio View Post
                Yes, I have experience. Glued, trued, and treated the same as NSR Supergrips. I might add they don’t true as well as Supergrips. Darn things get hot and very sticky very easily. I don’t have enough testing to provide a fair comment yet on their performance but my gut tells me out of the bag they are not as good as the old NSR formula. I do think after treatment they come in but I don’t have enough real world testing and racing to provide valuable feedback. I do think they are better than the new NSR formula. Time and some good proxy racing will be the true test of these tires.
                Thanks, I had no issue with truing. Trued @ 5v.

Comment

I have gotten a few in a few different sizes as well. I glued and trued a pair of the 13mm wide ones and they are amazing. As said they are incredibly smooth out of the bag but are difficult to true, but to me and my limited experience ran a lot better than any of my trued Supergrips, Ultragrips or Thunderslot tires I have. If anyone can update of any dealer in the US that have them or is getting them?? I had to order from Spain and England to get the few I have. Thanks!

Comment

I also found them to get gummy while trueing them. I’m having a hard time to find a car that I can fit the 20x13 tires on. No review at this time, as far as performance comparison to Super grips.

Steve

Comment

Do they make any 15 x 8 mm tires yet?? looking to do some testing with the trans am u2 cars.
                    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
                    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

I got some 19x10 and 20x10 that are ridiculously good w the U2 cars.. Pendleton has them btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtopman View Post
                      I got some 19x10 and 20x10 that are ridiculously good w the U2 cars.. Pendleton has them btw.
                      that's were I got mine. How did you prepare them? NSR oil or?

Comment

Nothing yet…just true and round the edges a bit. Haven’t tried any oil yet.

Comment

Don't use any oils on your tires if you're entering your car in the TA U2.5 Proxy.
                          Loan Shark aka Matt
                          Lake Country, BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1