Putting in the time at Modelville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting in the time at Modelville

Got a little tired of coming in 13 out of 13 in our RevoSlot Shootouts. Santa brought me a few new cars to try and I definitely prefer the Ferrari F40 over the Porsche 911 GT2.

Here's last night's times on Modelville's American (Black) raceway. We don't use the Red or Black lanes, so I didn't bother putting laps in last night. In my observation, 6.3 is a very competitive lap time in general.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lap Times.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	921.6 KB
ID:	139441
    The white lane is the outside lane. Getting anything below a 6.8 was almost impossible. I ran that lane last and was wearing out after 1.5hrs of track time. I still have to work on consistency. If I "play it safe" I can log a 6.5 on (almost) every lane, but that won't put me on the podium.

Here's some footage from last week's practice that shows off the track. It's a ton of fun to have access to something this big for 1/32 cars.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/m9kouMBfckXEQKDH9

You are lucky to be close enough to race there.
    '
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

• RexCadral
      RexCadral commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree! It's about 45min from home. Rich has been a gracious host and has an amazing setup!

is this a club, commercial raceway or individual? where is it located?
    Lance Sofa racer, SA TX by way of Hawaii

Comment

Modelville is a commercial raceway in Ashland, MA. I lived in the neighborhood where it now is located from 1969-71.

Comment

Keep at it, big fellah. You can do it.
      in my case I am always looking at the bright side - you are not consistently 13 of 13. You are consistently able to finish in the top 13!
      jeff

Comment

Practice makes perfect!

Comment

Rex, your best lap times in each lane should move you up to the 5th or 6th place in the Revo Slot races. I have been finished in 7th place a couple of times....it is hard to get up in the top five range. I definitely need to go into Modelville for some pre race practice time. And to any HRW readers....be sure to check out Modelville if you are in the area!

Brian

Comment

• docdoom
            docdoom commented
            Editing a comment
            I would like to take credit for my revo proxy car performance. but I think lots of luck was on my side with this car. was fast right of the box and all I did was glues and true the STOCK rear tires and had some weight to the noise. glue true the fronts and nail polished. quick shack down and Zack track and put in the shipping box.
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1