Shelby Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby Daytona

Continuing with the 3d printed cars, I built a Shelby Daytona.

Resin printed using 80% “Blu” clear resin mixed with 20% Abs resin. Wheels, and interior were resin printed as well. Chassis and guide were printed using PTEG on my FDM printer.

Rear rubber is my Home cast Barc Racing Tires using Smooth-on urethane shore 30. Front wheel rubber is a from a hose cut to size and profiled

The chassis is a FF50 angle winder. I know this isn’t saying much but this chassis is quicker the my GT3 entries of the past. Motor is from a Chinese supplier that I buy in bulk. It turns 25 K.. Flange BB s for the rear axle and a brass tube on the front axle with grub screw adjustments

Decals are My own artwork printed on my Laser jet printer.

So over all a complete in-house build.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9CBC94AC-CB8A-47E3-8612-285C206BF466.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	138471 Click image for larger version  Name:	3BF5788A-FAE8-4801-BBD5-0A020B6A0689.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	138472 Click image for larger version  Name:	C78CFA49-E97C-42DD-8B23-1304427BF2A7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	138474 Click image for larger version  Name:	70E4BDF6-6BF5-4D74-8CC9-FDB044358E2F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	138475 Click image for larger version  Name:	F17C70F9-675F-4B9E-8D48-97ECFBF8DD0A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,017.1 KB ID:	138473
    Barc 1
    HRW Forum Veteran
    Last edited by Barc 1; December 22, 2021, 11:51 AM.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Well done! 👍👍
    Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

Comment

Another great build made possible by 3DP.
      The Daytona Cobra was my first kit bash, ages ago...the Lindberg model. Now, printing gives the chance for a better car, actually. And I have to say I am MUCH less inhibited by building a 3DP car than taking the chance to ruin a nice expensive resin body or a rare vintage model because it's the only way I can have the slot car.

What ratio are you running on the AW? I have several FF050 motors that I am going to be using and I am a bit curious. Iso fulcrum design seems to work OK for you.
      Come Race at The Trace!
      Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
      https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

VERY slick print and build! Like the livery a lot!

Comment

Looking good B1
          TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
          Warren, Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

@ Chappy

pinion is an 8 tooth and I think the spur gear is 28 tooth. It works really well on my track and this set up is turning some fastest times to my surprise..

Barc 1
            HRW Forum Veteran
            Last edited by Barc 1; December 23, 2021, 01:36 AM.
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

Wow, pretty impressive that you build most of it yourself, even the tires! Well done.

Comment

Great build!!! The track looks great also..Nice spectators too...
                Rusty
                Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Great job! I like the Shelby Daytona a lot but your colour scheme seems to change its shape somewhat, possibly just my eyesight playing tricks on me, but that's certainly a carto be proud of.
                  Bram,
                  CHCH NZ

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1