My Christmas present to me the MR slotcar Jaguar XJ220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas present to me the MR slotcar Jaguar XJ220

After reading the review of the new MR Slotcar Jaguar XJ220 I decided it was the perfect gift to give myself. So I went online and ordered one from Professor Motor. I picked the Castrol livery but it was a close decision between it and the Silk Cut paint job. It probably won't arrive until next week and I will post my opinion about it after it arrives. WTG MR Slotcar.
    Last edited by Modlerbob; December 25, 2021, 12:39 AM.

Amazingly my new MR Slotcar Jaguar arrived by USPS Friday, Christmas Eve only three days after it was ordered from Professor Motor. I was completely surprised. The Castrol livery is very well executed and looks great. My car came with a card stating that it is #181 of 550. As I recall the car in the HRW review had a card stating it was #101 of 550 so I am wondering if all the liveries add up to 550 or if there are 550 of each livery. It really makes no difference to me whether there are 550 or 2200 total or more as once it has been run the collector value is diminished greatly. As with the review car mine ran very well straight out of the box and after switching to PG tires in the rear it is very competitive with my other MR Slotcar makes. This car gets my vote for slot car of 2021. The other car in the second image is my Slot.it group C Jaguar that the livery imitates. Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaguar XJ220 007.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	138916 Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaguar XJ220 002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	138917

Comment

• Slot Car Corner
      Slot Car Corner commented
      Editing a comment
      For each of the three liveries (Unipart, Castrol, Silk Cut), there were 550 cars available when they were initially released (1,650 cars in total across the three liveries).
      Last edited by Slot Car Corner; December 25, 2021, 12:14 AM.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1