Sad News and invitation to Memorial Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News and invitation to Memorial Race

Some of you are familiar with, and may have raced with, the Interstate Home Slot Racing club, known as IHSR. It's a club that has been continuously active since 1994 with member's home tracks in PA, MD, WVA, VA.

This past week, founding member Bruce Strachan of York, PA, passed from complications of COVID. Bruce not only got the club started way back when with an invitation to home racers in the defunct Vintage Slot Racing Newsletter (VSRN), in 1994, but as the club gained momentum pre-internet and Bruce saw how racers were coming from many states, he suggested Interstate Home Slot Racers as our club name. It stuck.

Bruce was passionate about slot cars, and even as his health slowly failed, he would travel several hours to race in club events.

Like many clubs, over the years IHSR has had its ups and downs...sometimes having 20+ people at a race, sometimes just enough to fill out the grid with a turn marshal or two. But it's been a continuous journey, slowed down a bit last year by COVID. Over the nearly three decades of the club, it's not an exaggeration to say at least 200 people have been active at one time or another.

Trying to get our traction this season after COVID, we are dedicating our 12/11 event to Bruce. It is at a member's home track in Dauphin, Pa. The Harrisburg, Pa area.

Some of you have heard of The Flying Cow raceway, designed and built by Jim Butt. The event is being held on that very track, modified a bit to fit in its current owner's space.

We also have an event next Saturday, 11/27 in Chambersburg, Pa.

Please consider coming to both events acknowledge the founder of IHSR and his contribution to club slot racing in the PA, MD, WVA, VA area.

Here is a link to the club website with rules for the four classes we currently run. If you want to come race, we have class legal loaner cars.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/inte...lotracingclub/

You can contact me at [email protected] for more information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IHSR.png
Views:	202
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	132953

Attached Files

My condolences. I remember VSRN and have many copies. May have to find that one.
    -Harry

Comment

I am sorry to hear of Bruce's passing. My condolences and prayers for his family.

I was delighted to find VSRN back in the day, and was a longtime member of the email list when it was live back in the 90s. IHSR is a great group (I still have the tire mold Jim gave me back then) and I always wished I could race more with you guys.....then I left OH and here we are.
      Come Race at The Trace!
      Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
      https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1