Scale Car Garage - Unexpected Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Car Garage - Unexpected Event

An unexpected event has delayed the current projects at Scale Car Garage.

Any and all comments are more than welcomed!

Thanks
    πŸ˜€
    John

Thinking ahead pays off. Luckily, there aren't any utilities that my tracks interfere with in my barn loft where they are, but the routed road course is on castors so it can be moved to get behind it as needed. The new oval will be modular or otherwise movable too. Scenery will have to be well planned too so it can be updated as desired.

Comment

Get a tankless and use that reclaimed floor space to expand the track.

sorry to hear about it though.

Comment

Slothead, thanks so much!

It sounds like you did a great job with your tracks and scenery and are certainly prepared if you have to move them!

1fozziebear, that's a great idea! However, I think we'll stick with the 'old' technology!

Thanks so much for watching, posting and subscribing, I really appreciate your support!
        πŸ˜€
        John

Comment

My water heater did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I would have gone the tankless route if I thought I had time to deal with electrical requirements. But, I played it safe and stuck to old technology as well. Even that proved more expensive than I expected due to the old water heater not meeting current code requirements for installation and venting.

Comment

I just love watching you and your projects.
            Austin
            Merrimack, NH

Comment

Install a pan under the new water heater and plumb it to a floor drain or sump to save you from flooding the basement in the future. Or just a pan and a watchdog water alarm if not feasible. Dielectric unions on the hot out and cold in to the water heater, commonly not used and the differing metal pipes corrode, and that T&P relief valve is in a weird location? But may be a weird water heater. Sharkbite fittings make life easy if you don't want to sweat copper.

Good luck.
              Allan

Comment

Very impressed that in the excitement that goes with building a dream layout that you thought to plan for such things. Good advice to everyone starting a track build. Hope the the supply chain delays in almost everything don’t delay a replacement.
                I just came up from the basement after bypassing my water conditioning system because of a leak. Fortunately my track is on the other side of the room and the water spraying out of a pressurized pinhole leak didn’t damage it. About a dozen valves to open or close to re-route the water. The previous owner had it installed and I relied on that company for annual servicing so it took a while to figure it all out. Of course it happens on a Sunday with painters due to arrive first thing in the morning πŸ˜…. Pure luck that the missus asked me to retrieve something from down there or it would have been a real mess.
                Mike V.
                Western North Carolina

Comment

John, looks like you have it under control. Love the Gulf suit also.
                  The Jester
                  of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
                  the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1