Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewinder Chassis for Scaley Inline Nascars

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anyplace to purchase a sidewinder chassis that will fit under the old inline Scaley Nascars. I already had a few of them, and just purchased a lot of 5 more, so it’d be nice if I could convert them to sidewinders, so that I can run them in our Nascar class competitively.

Thank you
    Scott

Check out Shapeways.

Comment

I've used Scalextric NASCAR sidewinder chassis for the older inline bodies, Shapeways has podded chassis for Scaley NASCAR (Olifer comes to mind if I spelled it right) and the Slot It adjustable HRS chassis works really well.
      BB

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

You could check and see if a RTR Slot-it chassis will fit.
        Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
        Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Or if you're allowed, put a light weight interior in and a better guide and tyres and run them as is. I've got a few and the Taurus is better than the Pontiac as it doesn't require added weight on the chassis where the Ponty does. When I run the Fords they're always at the pointy end at the finishing line.
          Bram,
          CHCH NZ

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

Our Nascar class is pretty much box stock, except for tires and guides, so unfortunately no podded chassis.

Wobble, believe me I’ve tried to get my inlines to run with the sidewinders, but I just can’t get them to run as fast.

Thanks
            Scott

Comment

Keep in mind the gearing, il has 9/27 3:1 vs the sw 11/36 3.27:1. One or the other could be better for the track you're on.
              Steve G
              Detroit Suburbia

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1