Scalextric Classic Track Hard to Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric Classic Track Hard to Find

I have been away from slot cars, for about 15 yrs. Now being retired, I'm trying to start-up again, with my existing, track and cars from the early 2000's. Having a hard time finding Scalextric Classic tracks pcs. , from the USA sellers. Any suggestions? I have tried ebay, however in most cases the shipping is double the cost of the pieces.

Sport track is widely available and there is an adapter to connect to the classic track, just plug n play 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
      I have been away from slot cars, for about 15 yrs. Now being retired, I'm trying to start-up again, with my existing, track and cars from the early 2000's. Having a hard time finding Scalextric Classic tracks pcs. , from the USA sellers. Any suggestions? I have tried ebay, however in most cases the shipping is double the cost of the pieces.
      We have the same problem with shipping from the US to Australia! What peicers are you looking for? I have alot of classic track and adaptors ! Shipping is the problem.
      John from
      Australia

Comment

• Danno
        Danno commented
        Editing a comment
        Right now looking for straight pieces

checi here, he has sets and often track for sale separate https://protinkertoys.com/collections/1-34-race-sets

Comment

How many? Where are you ? My track has been sitting for along time the rail's will need to be sanded up clean ! How's this shipping work ,is it cheaper if you're sending to a friend or relative in the US. It's just I've heard there is a way around the high cost?
        john

Comment

Rastas the only way to lower international shipping cost is how you classify the product on the international invoice so duties and taxes do not apply.
          a) Invoice must have what the product is and construction. ie plastic slot car track
          b) Country of origin. China if made there.
          c) value this is where it gets tricky. You want to state the value as low as possible since 1) it is a used item 2) it is not for resale
          d) State not for resale. Most imported goods are for the resale market.
          e) If you declare a value for insurance that will effect if the customs agent will tack on a higher value if you insure the product at $100 and declared the value was $10. Insured and declared value must be in the same range.
          f) Terms of sale if not shipped as a gift.

Hope this helps.

Comment

So if I send some track as a gift and Danno sent me something in return as a gift that would work?

Comment

From the US, if a package is under 4 pounds you can ship first class international, over 4 pounds you have to go priority. A 3 pound 15 ounce package might be $28. A 4 pound 1 ounce package might be $55.
              Last edited by downtowndeco; December 28, 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Rastas,
                I would think marked as gift would be fine. Key however is no commercial value and not for resale.

Comment

Originally posted by williamg View Post
                  checi here, he has sets and often track for sale separate https://protinkertoys.com/collections/1-34-race-sets
                  Funny to see Bryan selling track sets that old...

Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
                  Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1