• Show
Clear All

• Wobble
    commented on 's reply
    But lower gearing might make it even twitchier to drive on a short track

• WB2
    replied
    Correct.
    I originally tried putting an orange can in a Flat 6 equipped car. Even with the motor sticking out beneath the chassis (used wrong motor mounts), there wasn’t enough clearance between the motor and the interior.
    Will work on two Avant Slot rally cars tonight, removing the 25K factory motor and replacing with slower orange Baby Raptor. Both of those motors are the same size.

Leave a comment:

• Bal r 14
    replied
    The orange sideways motors are exactly the same size as the NSR long can motors and are much thicker than a flat 6.

Leave a comment:

• WB2
    commented on 's reply
    I had wondered about a gear change.
    They’re anglewinders with 11-28. Could drop to a 10 tooth pinion or a 31 tooth spur.

• Kevan
    commented on 's reply
    I have three, all measure 19-19.5k

• Bal r 14
    commented on 's reply
    I changed my orange can Sideways cars to the short can NSR and Raptor 25k motors. With the right pinion gear, they are at least .5 seconds faster per lap (6.9 to 6.3).
    Last edited by Bal r 14; November 14, 2021, 09:55 AM.

• Mitch58
    replied
    Use the yellow one just use an eight tooth pinion.

Leave a comment:

• War Eagle River
    commented on 's reply
    We put NSR Baby Kings in all of our Sideways Group 5 cars. They run perfectly on our 70’+ wood track.

• WB2
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.
    Guess I’m looking for a needle in a haystack.
    I was wanting lower RPM motors for my Sideways cars for my short, tight wood track. Currently have a long Carrera track set up, so they can stretch their legs.

• Kevan
    replied
    I spent an hour or so this afternoon googling and searching the favourite Chinese selling websites, I even searched through Mabuchi's can types on their website and I didn't see anything that looked like a flat can anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Dogsbody
    replied
    As others have mentioned, the 17K NSR Baby Raptor but it's regular big can and not a flat can. What you give up in outright speed, you gain in the twisty bits as in it's easier to drive than the NSR King that's 21.4K and 350gms of torque. It's my favorite big can motor.

Leave a comment:

• WB2
    replied
    The Sideways is 20,500; same as SlotIt.
    I was looking for an RPM similar to the Baby King (17,000).
    I learned the hard way the Baby Raptor is not the same size.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    Racer/Sideways uses them too, but as far as know it's just the yellow one.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    It was my understanding that the "flat" style motors were exclusive to Slot.it.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    I think it's a little more than that, Kevan. I think it's about 20,500 rpm. I'll check when I get out to the shop but I'm sure someone will chime in before that and let us know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1