Alfa Romeo 8 c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo 8 c

Finished up an Alfa Romeo in a Martini Scheme. Resin 3D printed body shell , wheels and interior. FDM printed sidewinder chassis with Barc Urethane tires with home printed decals.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0F827CE7-398B-4AE9-8365-E1C396774436.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	130465 Click image for larger version

Name:	19D1BDCD-AA7A-47E5-9563-89689C9B1B85.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	130466 Click image for larger version

Name:	0C91CE6F-71FD-47A6-B527-EE6447447EEA.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	130467
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Vary nice.

Comment

A lot of work went into that, huh? All home-made... impressive feat!

Comment

You are doing wonderful work and a wide variety of it, Dan. Great field of scratch build cars.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
        https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

Very impressive work. Any thought of selling bodies and other components?

Comment

I have been in the hobby cottage business in trains and 1/16 scale tanks. Want to ruin a hobby. Make a business out of it. I am just happy now to tool around on my own agenda and just build what I like. Many times I am tempted, but resist.

Thank you for the kind comments. To anyone reading, this you really need to see where 3D printing is at right now. With very little investment I have the ability to build whatever I want. Without doubt the best hobby money I have spent. It was only a year ago I bought my first printer and I had zero CAD or printing knowledge.
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

• Bal r 14
              Bal r 14 commented
              Editing a comment
              I recall reading your early posts about 3D printers and you were just about as clueless as I am now. Your progress in a year and that you have found a resin compound that doesn't break when you drop it on cement, is what is most impressive.

A lot of people share knowledge and experience on here . All this helps plus there are some good you tube videos to move you up the learning curve. I like to think of myself as your average modeller with moderate skills. My examples shown are to simply let people know what is capable with 3D printing today even when you don’t know much!!
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

If you want a 3D resin that won't break and doesn't require mixing different ones together look no further than Siraya Blu (not Blue) it's a resin with a low additive content, it does benefit from printing in a warm environment but it's much tougher then any ABS-like resin no matter what it's mixed with.

Some of us are passing on empirical learning, wheels don't need reinventing by everyone new to 3DP
              Kevan - Isle of Man
              Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

I agree Blu is good stuff. I cut it with Abs like resin to reduce viscosity and make it opaque. Doesn’t seem to reduce the strength noticeably. It cost twice as much as Abs resin as well so cutting it 80/20 makes it go a little farther. It actually smells Ok as well. It is not unpleasant at all.

Resins are always in development. Resins used in industrial applications are very strong, and of course very expensive. Consumers will benefit from all the science going on, but it might take awhile to filter down to home users.

Cheers

Dan
                G.P Alberta

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1