MRslotcar Patriot chassis "Factory Improvements"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRslotcar Patriot chassis "Factory Improvements"

When I first reviewed the MRSlotcar Patriot Evolution chassis (Apr. 2020) one of the things I mentioned that was holding the chassis back, was the lack of an adjustable front axle..........this made
    switching from raised rail tracks, to recessed braid tracks a bit of a bother as either the guide height had to be adjusted , or different sized front tires used, As well , any slight chassis bends/twists/ made setting up the front wheels a chore. While this is not a real issue for those that run magnets (and a tripod set-up) it was certainly an issue for non magnet runners.

Well, that issue has been solved..............a new front chassis plate has been produced, along with some adjustable front axle blocks that completely resolve the issue and make the chassis much more tuneable and competitive.

This is a pic. of the original chassis..................the front axle uprights are part of the upper front chassis plate, and, are nor adjustable.....a pain !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4429.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	130034

The revised chassis below, has an upper front chassis plate that is drilled to accept the also newly made Delrin front adjustable axle blocks and their bushings.

The axle blocks /bushings are also available separately, and can be used on most chassis, either by drilling a couple of small holes into the chassis plate and attaching with the supplied machine screws, or by gluing the blocks to an existing (or scratchbuilt) chassis.
    The bushings are a huge bonus, as while they do marginally reduce the friction of running on the ends of the set screws, they do prevent any scoring of your axles, and more importantly reduce the fore aft movement of the axle in the upright.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4783.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	130035

Will that chassis plate and bushings be available as a kit to update the existing chassis. I’m not allowed to drill holes unsupervised or use such devices as I have proven, items can be destroyed in my hands.
    The Jester
    of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
    the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tony,...unfortunately, the hole positions in the new top plate (to allow the installation of the axle blocks) do not work with the initial version of the main chassis plate,.........sorry !!............a new chassis must be purchased.

The adjustable axle blocks and bushings are available in a kit and can be used with many plastic and scratchbuilt chassis. The bushings themselves are also available separately , and work great to remove the fore/aft axle slop in many plastic chassis.
      Last edited by chrisguyw; November 3, 2021, 06:53 PM.

Front centre body mount hole is a bonus too
    Kevan - Isle of Man
    Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

Awesome! Great chassis to begin with, now they are next level!
      Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
      Facebook-
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
      YouTube-
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Both the chassis AND the front axle bushings look very interesting! I can see using many bushing kits on a number of my cars.

Quick question Chris: the screws just behind the front axle seem a bit short as they do not seem to be fully engaging the Nyloc part of the nuts. Are they really that short in the kit?

Cheers

Alwyn

Comment

• chrisguyw
          chrisguyw commented
          Editing a comment
          Alwyn,......I quickly bolted this chassis together at the shop to show the front axle blocks/bushings, using whatever machine screws were in front of me..............the chassis kits have all the right length stuff !!

• SuperSlab
          SuperSlab commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh, OK thanks Chris. Really looks good!

When will this chassis version become available!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner28 View Post
          And available from whom? I've had a quick look around the interwebz and came up with nowt.

Comment

This looks great! I'm also interested in getting a couple.

I wasn't aware you can glue Delrin... what sticks to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner28 View Post
              This chassis should be available in the next 3/4 weeks,..............Pendle, Prof. Mtr., SCC, Electric Dreams, and 132slotcarus carry the MRSlotcar/ScaleRacing products.

Cheers
              Chris Walker

Comment

Chris do you think we could drill additional holes in that chassis place to get different wheel bases? And if so what do you think the range would be?
                Courtney Smith
                Chattanooga TN

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney s View Post
                  Chris do you think we could drill additional holes in that chassis place to get different wheel bases? And if so what do you think the range would be?
                  Hi Courtney, no need to drill any holes, the chassis wheelbase, and the guide lead are adjustable...I am away from home for a couple of days, but, I will measure the range of adjustment and report back.

Cheers
                  Chris Walker

Hi Courtney,.............the chassis is adjustable between 82.5 and 88.5 mm,..........the guide lead is adjustable as well..
                  Last edited by chrisguyw; November 10, 2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1