SCALEAUTO Porsche 991 Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCALEAUTO Porsche 991 Chassis

Can someone clarify what chassis is included with SCALEAUTO's current Racing version of the 991 RSR Porsche? The website shows the R1.5, and also calls it out in the specifications. But I have seen other places on line showing the R1.7/R2.0 with the independent front axle option. Any help or input is appreciated.

Hi Stage 1,..........The ScaleAuto Porsche 991 "R" series cars do have slightly different chassis/motor pods, depending on on the model and when it was launched............eg.,...all the newer "R" cars come with the RT3 motor pod, where earlier models did not.

Any of the Scaleauto chassis can be fitted with an independently rotating front axle.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

Chris, Thanks for the info.
      I know adding independently rotating axles is possible. I see that different "R" series cars have different chassis and motor pods. I am looking at several different brands of GT cars. The ScaleAuto SC-6145 R is one I am looking at. I was just wondering which chassis comes with the current release if I purchase one.

Thanks,
      Kevin Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Stage1 View Post
        Chris, Thanks for the info.
        I know adding independently rotating axles is possible. I see that different "R" series cars have different chassis and motor pods. I am looking at several different brands of GT cars. The ScaleAuto SC-6145 R is one I am looking at. I was just wondering which chassis comes with the current release if I purchase one.

Thanks,
        Kevin Johnson
        Hi Kevin, The SC-6145R Porsche comes with the series 1.5 chassis plate and the SC-6528C motor pod, which is their RT3 1.0mm offset anglewinder pod.....(the RT3's are the stiffest motor pods currently on the market...a very good thing )

As it comes there is nothing that presents an issue, ....with some tuning for your track it will be more than competitive !!

That said, if you run on wood tracks, you may want to consider running a SC-6522C motor pod......this is also an RT3 pod (very stiff) but it is a sidewinder, and will require a FC-130 sized motor, vs the FK-180 that comes with the car.
        The advantage here is that the FC-130 motor weighs 10/12 grams less than the FK-180, which helps handling on wood. (All the top cars in the various wood track proxies run with the lighter FC-130 motors)

If you are running on plastic track, the longer/stronger magnets in the Stock FK-180 will provide some magnetic downforce, and help handling..(if your rules allow).

You can certainly replace the stock series 1.5 chassis plate with either the 1.7 or 2.0 versions, but, to be honest, while there are some neat bells and whistles, there is no definitive performance reason to switch.

Buy the car, tune it and drive it well and you will be very happy.

Cheers
        Chris Walker

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1