ScaleRacing/MRSlotcar .....axle blocks and bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScaleRacing/MRSlotcar .....axle blocks and bushings

New front end axle blocks and bushings from MRSlotcar/SCaleRacing.

These bits and pieces will be shipping soon.......................and should be available at SCC, Pendle, 132Slotcar us to name a few.

They are produced by MRSlotcar, and will be packaged/sold under the ScaleRacing banner....

The kit on the left ( SR-2101 ) contains 2 axle uprights, bushings, set screws for adjusting the axle height, and screws for attaching the axle blocks to the chassis. The blocks are drilled on the bottom to accept the supplied screws, (2 holes must be drilled into the chassis plate) or, the blocks can be glued into position. The bushings are inserted into the blocks, and take a lot of the slop out of the front axle assembly. The set screws are used to position the bushings, with the set screws touching the outside flange of the axle, allowing the axle to spin in the precision bushing.

The kit on the right (SR-2102 ) contains 2 bushings which can be used in the front end of several manufacturers cars....Slot-it, NSR, Policar, Scaleauto etc. etc., and they remove a lot of the slop found in some front end set-ups., as well as allowing the axle to spin in the bushings, not against the set screws.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4774.jpg Views:	85 Size:	212.3 KB ID:	129750

Last edited by chrisguyw; November 3, 2021, 08:54 AM.

Will these be available direct from Ernie to save on extending shipping time coming from the US or UK?
    Brad
    Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely Brad,......................give him a shout !!

• Brad_T
      Brad_T commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do Chris. Thanks

That’s a great idea, I thought a sliding bushing would be better than riding on a set screw. I think my new Cuda could benefit from this kit.

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Michael, While running the front axle in a bushing (as opposed to running on the set screw heads) will reduce friction marginally, the major benefits are that 1/ you won't score your axle , and more importantly, 2/ the bushing removes a lot of the fore/aft slop in the axle, which, if you run your front tires on the track will eliminate the "steering" effect of a sloppy fore/aft axle.

If you run a tripod set-up (cars with magnets,or, sponge tires) the results are less pronounced.

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris, I run my cars with no magnet on plastic, old Scalextric sport, track. I like the tires to just barely touch if I can. I wish they would use simpler guides in the rtr cars so I could do shim them easier.

This is exactly what I'm looking for! Does it also accommodate a 3mm axle for 1:24 scale cars? or is that also available?

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Dingleberry,............3/32 axles only.

You could always ream out these axle blocks and install some 3mm id. brass/aluminum tubing !!!!!
      Last edited by chrisguyw; November 3, 2021, 09:06 AM.

these look like they might work for scratch built chassis to.....
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely........!!

I REALLY like the look of the bushings! This is a great addition to tuning parts to my mind as plastic chassis (even the recognised "good" brands like NSR and Slot.it) have way too much fore-aft movement of the front axle. Love it!

Comment

Now if someone would make decent stub axles for an IFS...

Comment

Placed my order yesterday.
        Loan Shark aka Matt
        I am Alive because Organ Donation Worked... TWICE
        Lake Country, BC, Canada
        Shark Pit: 38' MDF Routed

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
          Now if someone would make decent stub axles for an IFS...
          MRSlotcar has a very nice stub axle kit with all the bits necessary to add independently rotating front wheels.....Kit # MR8025.

These are available at SCC, Electric Dreams, Prof. Mtr, 132slotcar us,....and others.

It does require a chassis with 2 front uprights per side.

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Not the best pic....but, the kit is very well made, and properly adjusted, has virtually no slop

Click image for larger version

Name:	MR8025-3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	130415

Comment

• dinglebery
            dinglebery commented
            Editing a comment
            This is exactly what I need for the 1:24 Scaleauto chassis Porsche and Lambo I just built!!!

• Audi1
            Audi1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice looking set-up; opens up some interesting options.

Allan
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1