Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MnFordGuy
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve only seen white and yellow…bought a white one from Rusty a while back. Ya it’s an Eldon after looking into it some more.

• slothead
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that certainly looks more toyish than the Strombecker J-car body I have. Plus, the version I have has a rounded front end without the vampire teeth.

• Bal r 14
    commented on 's reply
    I am very jealous! I have a hard time getting more than one more racer than myself. I keep trying to get others interested, but I just doesn't seem to be accomplishing much.

• 4424ever
    commented on 's reply
    Nice find don’t recall seeing it in orange mine are all white or yellow

• ourwayband
    replied
    That's a Great looking Eldon !Congrats on the great buy!

Leave a comment:

• MnFordGuy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CBE7D553-FE36-4E09-B196-AF3F2EBEC6B0.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	128050 Went to a slot car show with Chappyman66 yesterday. The show has gotten smaller over the years with few bargains….but I did score a mint Strombecker Ford J for 15.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA4FB7B5-4572-41F1-ADEC-584422DACE17.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	128049
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Broman62
    replied
    Great video Harry and awesome work Jorge on all those cars!

Leave a comment:

• mattb
    replied
    Great simple, working chassis. I need to copy those.

Good Friday this week. A guy that bought some Eldon 1/24 track from me at the slot show, came by on Tues nite to see us race. I set him up and he ran a little but it had been 15 years since he last raced and was rusty and in the way of the other guys. I told him to call me when he had time and I'd set him up to just run some laps by himself and get familiar again. He called yesterday and he spent about 2 hours running and asking questions. His lap times got fairly close to mine and it all came back pretty quick. He ended up buying two cars and I went thru his slot box and dug out a Parma FCR chassis that only needs a motor change and body to race with us. He is coming back Tues nite and is gung ho. It's always good to pull in an old slot racer back into the home aspect of slot racing..

We have good numbers right now, we have 5 racers every week and 3 off and on. On the 4 lane track, 5-8 is a good number. Nobody cares to race all nite and guys randomly offer their lane to anybody that wants to take their place.

Leave a comment:

• Half Fast Slotter
    replied
    Very enjoyable video. These chassis make it look so simple. What a great job. Thanks.
    jeff

Leave a comment:

• 4424ever
    commented on 's reply
    You got the hammer
    Dive in you’ll like it and those Pionner chassis’s will be a memory

• Dundee Denny
    commented on 's reply
    I will have to shake off my Fred Flintstone ways and figure out uTube and check it out!!!

• WB2
    replied
    Those Scalextric guide bushings are available separately on the SI website.

Leave a comment:

• War Eagle River
    replied
    Great job Jorge! You have become a machine!

Leave a comment:

• War Eagle River
    commented on 's reply
    There are many scratch-building videos out there.

• Dundee Denny
    replied
    Harry I am on the "5 yard line" on diving in and trying a chassis build for some 1/32 odd shaped bodies I have. !

My whole tool box for my home has just 1 hammer and two types screwdrivers and a wrench, that is it!!

If someone just made a complete adjustable kit with "everything, nothing left out" including the motor and maybe 3 tires and wheels choices (offer a jig), I would be in!!

The real WOW would be a utube vid on building it (asking alot)

"If I can do it anyone can" testimonial would mean a lot with my zero skill!!

Dundee Denny

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1